Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2009 11:00

Recoverpoint journal luns and proper settings on Clariion

I've got quite a few Recoverpoint journal luns hosted on a Clariion. However, whenever I have an SP that goes or during maintenance the LUN does trespass to the other LUN however I want the LUN to auto-trepass back to the original SP that hosted it (default owner) but that doesnt appear to be happening. My understaning if the host has Powerpath this should be the default behavior but trying to have the same thing happen on my numerous RP journal LUNS. Thanks.

257 Posts

January 12th, 2010 00:00

Hi There

The Journal LUNs are only exposed to the RPAs.

The RPAs themselves do not run PowerPath and so cannot auto-tresspass the LUNs back to the default/perferred SP, sorry.

I believe there is an effort to fix this in the future.

Thanks - James

1.3K Posts

December 9th, 2009 06:00

are all of those LUNs on a particular OS ?

6 Posts

December 9th, 2009 06:00

No, keep in mind these are Recoverpoint"journal" luns so they ONLY get presented to the Recoverpoint RPA's...not to hosts running various OS's.

6 Posts

January 12th, 2010 07:00

Thanks for the info James. Glad to hear it is potentially being worked on as its not much fun manually trespassing and balancing all the journal luns out between the SP's.

Thanks again.

2.2K Posts

January 13th, 2010 08:00

Until a fix is out you can write a navicli script that will trespass all the RP luns back to their proper SPs and then just run the script whenever this occurs.

Lookup naviseccli tresspass command in the cli guide for Navisphere.

2.2K Posts

January 13th, 2010 08:00

Just had another thought about the naviseccli trespass command. If you use the syntax 'naviseccli -h trespass mine' this will trespass all the LUNs to SP A that are configured with SP A as the default owner. Issue the same command to SP B for the same to occur for SP B LUNs. This way you do not have to specify which LUNs to trespass. I have tested this out and it does work as advertised.
No Events found!