Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

November 4th, 2013 02:00

VPLEX and RecoverPoint CGs

Hi all,

i have a question about VPLEX and RecoverPoint CGs.

A customer want this configuration: 2 CGs on VPLEX (each with their own virtual volumes) on only 1 CG on RecoverPoint (with volumes of both VPLEX CGs).

In this way the rp validate-configuration command report

Validating that RecoverPoint enabled VPLEX consistency groups are aligned with RecoverPoint consistency groups                                                                                                                    ERROR

2 consistency group(s) are not aligned:

USVMWPVI_SFARM2_VR1_Ara2

USVMWPV_SFARM_VR1_Ara2

And the recoverpoint GUI report:

WARNING: RecoverPoint copy contains volumes from more than one VPLEX consistency group. It is recommended a RecoverPoint copy contain volumes from only one VPLEX consitency group. VPLEX consistency group: Set(USVMWPVI_SFARM2_VR1_Ara2,USVMWPV_SFARM_VR1_Ara2) ; Arabella_VPX_2

Is this a valid configuration? if not why customer should use 1:1 (VPLEX-RP CGs) configuration?

Regards

11 Posts

November 4th, 2013 02:00

cattaf wrote:

A customer want this configuration: 2 CGs on VPLEX (each with their own virtual volumes) on only 1 CG on RecoverPoint (with volumes of both VPLEX CGs).

a clarification:

2 CGs on VPLEX (each with their own server and virtual volumes) on only 1 CG on RecoverPoint (with volumes of both VPLEX CGs)

November 5th, 2013 21:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Replication Support Forum". 

Replication Support Forum

VPLEX

RecoverPoint

You won't be able to.  Cattaf (the owner) is the only person that can relocate it out of his "Discussions" space.

We can also call upon Alan Z.

89 Posts

Hi Chris,

I don’t see the “Move” under “Action”. I only have “Report abuse” and “View as PDF”.

Is there a way to grand me more privileges to do?

Regards,

Mustafa Ahmed,

Technical Support Engineer IV

MBA - Technology Management, B.Sc. Engineering,

LCNA, LCNS, EMCPA, EMCIE, EMCSA, EMCTA, EMCTAe

Customer Service – BRS Remote NetWorker EMEA

6 Posts

November 26th, 2013 07:00

It can be done but you will get an alignment warning on VPLEX and recoverpoint. I have a customer that have 1 CG on VPLEX and the virtual volumes split in that CG split between 2 recoverpoint CGs. It works but it is not best practise.

No Events found!