Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2010 10:00

Where in the world are you?

Tell us about yourself:

Who are you?

Where are you based?

What organization do you work for?

What is your favorite holiday destination?

84 Posts

January 25th, 2010 09:00

Hello, my name is Malini. I work in Operations at EMC in the US - specifically, Massachusetts. My favorite holiday destination is Vienna. A place I'd like to go but haven't been to as yet is Mongolia.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 25th, 2010 12:00

I'm Carol.  I work at EMC in Massachusetts, and I live in New Hampshire.  I like to travel to Miami, FL for winter holidays.  My favorite place to visit so far is anywhere in Italy.

84 Posts

January 26th, 2010 08:00

Thank you, and welcome to the EMC-SAP Ecosystem Community.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 26th, 2010 08:00

Who are you?

Without getting philosophical: I'm Raul Porras.

Where are you based?

Hopkinton, MA

I'm an SAP Solutions Consultant at the EMC Global SAP Solutions Practice. I focus on developing (and talking about) "Solutions" that are SAP specific and showcase the value of EMC products and services.

One that I've never been to before. However, for the last five years it has been my home country of Venezuela.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 26th, 2010 14:00

My name is Karla and I've been marketing high-tech for way more than half my life - what does that say about me? Hmmm...

I've lived in Massachusetts for over 14 years now but I still feel like a visitor. The paradox is - I'm a country girl that loves the big city - New York City that is, There is no place like it on earth.

I love to travel by air, by boat, by car, by train, even by foot. My favorite destination is the next one.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 26th, 2010 14:00

I'm Patricia (Patty) Ward and I work from Hopkinton.  I'm in EMC Product Management, and I focus on partner enablement with EMC platforms.  Much of my time is spent on the "Journey to the Private Cloud" as it relates to companies such as SAP.

My favorite holiday destination is Amsterdam in Holland.  My grandparents migrated to the US from Holland shortly after they were married, and I enjoy hearing the Dutch language since it was part of my early upbringing.

84 Posts

January 28th, 2010 07:00

Thanks and welcome, Patty. Nice to have you on board.

84 Posts

January 28th, 2010 07:00

Hi Karla,

Sound like you are a born traveller - or perhaps a wanderer Super!

47 Posts

February 5th, 2010 06:00

Hey Folks.

Here goes:

Who are you?

Well, my name is Bas, currently 29 years old. I'm a technical support consultant.

Where are you based?

Germany, I live in a place called Sinsheim, and I work in place called St. Leon-Rot which is near Walldorf.

SAP

There are many, but I really like USA as a holiday destination, especially the west coast. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities just because of it's flair.

Looking forward to reading more in this ecosystem.

Bas

84 Posts

February 5th, 2010 06:00

Willkommen im EMC-SAP Ecosystem, Bas.

San Francisco is a charming place.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in our community.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 5th, 2010 11:00

Hi, my name is Sylvie and I work in marketing for EMC's ISV Alliances, and have worked for EMC for 15 years.  I currently live in Larchmont, NY - a quick 30 minute train ride from New York City based at the EMC White Plains office.  Prior to moving to New York, I lived in Paris France for three years working for EMC as the EMEA Marketing Manager for Backup, Recovery & Archive Platforms.  Being half French, Paris does have a special place in my heart in terms of travel, but I look forward to what's next.  One of my favorite holiday destinations would have to be skiing in Vail, Colorado!  Yes - it still beats the Alps!

84 Posts

February 5th, 2010 11:00

Bonjour Sylvie!

It's a pleasure to have you here. I have no French blood but Paris is a special place for me too.

Colorado sounds lovely. I'm a hiker so I'd go in summer.

So I guess we'd never run into each other up there. We save our meetings for Hopkinton --- or Paris.

Cheers,

Malini

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

February 5th, 2010 13:00

Hi Philly_SAPguy,

It's good to hear from you.  With your years of SAP experience I hope we will be hearing from you on a regular basis.

I have  vacationed once in Paris.  It was very early Spring (April),  on the day we were leaving it was lightly snowing.  Does it really snow that often in Paris?

Hello to everyone,

I'm Tim, and I work in the SAP Global Solutions Practice at EMC.  As my screen name would indicate, I live and work in Philadelphia but I have a desk at EMC HQ in Hopkinton and I'm there at least once a month.

I have been working in the SAP space since 1996, and because of my SAP work, I have been to many places around the world - most of North America (San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Phoenix, Washington DC, Pacific Northwest (Seattle and Portland), St Louis, Texas, Florida, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa), Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Tokyo, and Mexico City.  Since I am currently the Practice Lead for Latin America, I was recently in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, my first time in the Southern Hemisphere, and it was so wonderful.

I have gotten to know some of these cities quite well since I go to some of them often, so if anyone need any information or recommendations, send me an email or ask me a question here and I will try my best to provide you with an answer.

One city has a very special place in my heart is Paris, where I spent part of my youth, and it's city that I know very well (I even rent a car to drive in Paris whenever I'm in town, and my friends think that I'm crazy), so I have that in common with Sylvie (je parle Francais).  I visited the EMC office in Nanterre back in 2008 and I hope to be able to work again in Paris sometime soon.

CarolCal wrote:

Hi Philly_SAPguy,

It's good to hear from you.  With your years of SAP experience I hope we will be hearing from you on a regular basis.

I have  vacationed once in Paris.  It was very early Spring (April),  on the day we were leaving it was lightly snowing.  Does it really snow that often in Paris?

As far as I know, it does not snow any more in Paris than in Boston, in fact, I believe that it snows less in Paris.  May be Sylvie can comment?

However, it can be very damp in the winter in Paris which makes it colder than it really is.

BTW, while the early Spring is the preferred time for most people to go to Paris, my wife and I actually prefer to go there in late November, when they release the Beaujolais Nouveau to be savoured with game meats (they call it La Chasse in French) or in mid December when Paris looks magnificient as it gets ready for the Christmas holidays.  The Christmas displays on Boulevard Haussmann (at Galerie Lafayette, Printemps, etc) are a must-see!

No Events found!