Malini1
2 Iron

Re: Where in the world are you?

Willkommen im EMC-SAP Ecosystem, Bas.

San Francisco is a charming place.

Looking forward to hearing more from you in our community.

0 Kudos
sylvieotten
1 Copper

Hi, my name is Sylvie and I work in marketing for EMC's ISV Alliances, and have worked for EMC for 15 years.  I currently live in Larchmont, NY - a quick 30 minute train ride from New York City based at the EMC White Plains office.  Prior to moving to New York, I lived in Paris France for three years working for EMC as the EMEA Marketing Manager for Backup, Recovery & Archive Platforms.  Being half French, Paris does have a special place in my heart in terms of travel, but I look forward to what's next.  One of my favorite holiday destinations would have to be skiing in Vail, Colorado!  Yes - it still beats the Alps!
0 Kudos
Malini1
2 Iron

Bonjour Sylvie!

It's a pleasure to have you here. I have no French blood but Paris is a special place for me too.

Colorado sounds lovely. I'm a hiker so I'd go in summer.

So I guess we'd never run into each other up there. We save our meetings for Hopkinton --- or Paris.

Cheers,

Malini

0 Kudos
Philly_SAPguy
1 Copper

Hello to everyone,

I'm Tim, and I work in the SAP Global Solutions Practice at EMC.  As my screen name would indicate, I live and work in Philadelphia but I have a desk at EMC HQ in Hopkinton and I'm there at least once a month.

I have been working in the SAP space since 1996, and because of my SAP work, I have been to many places around the world - most of North America (San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, Phoenix, Washington DC, Pacific Northwest (Seattle and Portland), St Louis, Texas, Florida, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa), Paris, Madrid, Frankfurt, London, Milan, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Tokyo, and Mexico City.  Since I am currently the Practice Lead for Latin America, I was recently in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, my first time in the Southern Hemisphere, and it was so wonderful.

I have gotten to know some of these cities quite well since I go to some of them often, so if anyone need any information or recommendations, send me an email or ask me a question here and I will try my best to provide you with an answer.

One city has a very special place in my heart is Paris, where I spent part of my youth, and it's city that I know very well (I even rent a car to drive in Paris whenever I'm in town, and my friends think that I'm crazy), so I have that in common with Sylvie (je parle Francais).  I visited the EMC office in Nanterre back in 2008 and I hope to be able to work again in Paris sometime soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CarolCal
1 Copper

Hi Philly_SAPguy,

It's good to hear from you.  With your years of SAP experience I hope we will be hearing from you on a regular basis.

I have  vacationed once in Paris.  It was very early Spring (April),  on the day we were leaving it was lightly snowing.  Does it really snow that often in Paris?

0 Kudos
Philly_SAPguy
1 Copper

CarolCal wrote:

Hi Philly_SAPguy,

It's good to hear from you.  With your years of SAP experience I hope we will be hearing from you on a regular basis.

I have  vacationed once in Paris.  It was very early Spring (April),  on the day we were leaving it was lightly snowing.  Does it really snow that often in Paris?

As far as I know, it does not snow any more in Paris than in Boston, in fact, I believe that it snows less in Paris.  May be Sylvie can comment?

However, it can be very damp in the winter in Paris which makes it colder than it really is.

BTW, while the early Spring is the preferred time for most people to go to Paris, my wife and I actually prefer to go there in late November, when they release the Beaujolais Nouveau to be savoured with game meats (they call it La Chasse in French) or in mid December when Paris looks magnificient as it gets ready for the Christmas holidays.  The Christmas displays on Boulevard Haussmann (at Galerie Lafayette, Printemps, etc) are a must-see!

0 Kudos
sylvieotten
1 Copper

No, it does not snow often in Paris.  Usually about 2-3 times per year with very little ever sticking.  The weather in Paris is significantly milder than Boston, and would be closer to the weather we get in New York City - although both NYC and Paris this year have seen more snow than usual - so much for global warming....Personally January and mid to late June are my favorite times to go to Paris - but that's because they have the incredible sales going on at these times!  Otherwise - honestly - anytime is a great time to go to Paris...kind of like New York City!
0 Kudos
RockJoseph
1 Copper

Hi my name is Rock Dellasandro. 

I am a SAP solutions consultant in the SAP Global Solutions Practice located in Hopkinton MA.

My favorite holiday destination by far is Aruba.  I love going to Aruba because the weather is beautiful, the people are very friendly, and the pace is very slow and relaxing.  A week in Aruba really recharges my batteries and lowers my blood pressure 20 points!!!

I highly recommend everyone going there at least once.  Make sure to eat at El Gaucho's Steakhouse.  Great Steak!!!  Check out Carlos'n Charlies.  Great drinks and very fun place.

http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/

0 Kudos
Malini1
2 Iron

Hello and welcome, Rock. Given how cold it is in Hopkinton at the moment, Aruba sounds wonderful! Thanks for the restaurant recommendations. Making me hungry ...
0 Kudos
RockJoseph
1 Copper

You are welcome. 
0 Kudos