Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 13th, 2015 10:00

ScaleIO 1.32 rollback for VMware

Hi,

ScaleIO plugin failed to execute some tasks while was deploying the environment. I've selected option to rollback whole deployment, but the rollback process stucked. I've rebooted VCSA, re-installed the plugin. Even after re-installation the plugin shows "Rollback in progress", so I can't start new installation. How can I fix that?

July 7th, 2015 08:00

For step B, try searching for folder named 'scaleio' (don't remember the exact path)

Try this path for step D:
C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\

19 Posts

June 16th, 2015 19:00

alexl78 have you tried to clear the cache on the SIO plugin? If not you may want to try this prior to re-deploying SIO. This can be done by going to the main screen of the SIO plugin, click 'Advanced settings' and click the 'Clear Cache' button. Please try this and repost your results.

4 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 05:00

chisoxhowe, thank you for your help. I missed that setting and read your message too late. I manually deleted files in the folder /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/scaleio on VCSA, restarted VCSA and that solved my issue. I believe that I manually did the same work as 'Clear Cache' button.

11 Posts

June 25th, 2015 02:00

I had this exact same problem, rollback was hung for 48 hours or so with Waiting to rollback SDC on esxhost. Unfortunately clear cache had no affect, did not actually appear to do anything, clearing out files in Vcenter "C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere web client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\com.emc.s3g.scaleio.vSpherePlugin-1.32.402.1\plugins" had no affect either.

Un-registering plugin and re-registering had no affect would just state Rollback in progress. Upon re-registering ScaleIO plugin Server log would just show rollback in progress. Hopefully this may assist someone in the future,  I had to remove the files in this location on the Vcentre server "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio" and restart VMware web services, then I could deploy again.

45 Posts

June 25th, 2015 03:00

Here are  a few step to follow when unregistering the SIO plugin and cleaning it up :

a) Unregister plugin.

b) Delete the files under "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio"

c) Stop the service vSphere Web client on VC (Make sure to  ask for permission prior to doing this ).

d) Delete the files of the plugin in the folder:

"C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity"

e) Register the plugin again.

1 Message

July 2nd, 2015 01:00

VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6

1) Unregister plugin

2) SSH vCSA

3) rm -rf /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/com.emc.s3g.scaleio.vSpherePlugin-1.32.402.1/

4) rm -rf /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/scaleio

5) Reboot vCSA

6) Reregister plugin

4 Posts

July 6th, 2015 19:00

Hi,

I'm trying our Scaleio. My deployment failed because I suspect I didn't have VMkernel IP's on the two data networks which differ from my management network. I attempted full rollback which removed all appliances related to Scaleio but now the vCenter plugin is stuck at rolling back.

2015-07-06 22:40:51.624] [INFO] http-bio-9443-exec-8

com.emc.ecs.vSpherePlugin.uiServices.installWizard.InstallWizardServiceImpl stateForView= DeploymentStateForView{deploymentState='RUNNING_ROLLBACK', isNewSystem=true}

I followed the correct steps from an earlier reply above and shown below to remove plugin and re-register. The problem is that I do not have any files in the directories to remove as suggested in steps B and D below. My plugin is fully registered and working except for stuck on rollback. I am running vCenter 6 Windows flavor. Any help would be appreciated.

a) Unregister plugin.

b) Delete the files under "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio"

c) Stop the service vSphere Web client on VC (Make sure to  ask for permission prior to doing this ).

d) Delete the files of the plugin in the folder:

"C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity"

e) Register the plugin again.

4 Posts

July 7th, 2015 09:00

Tomer,

Thank you for your reply. I found that directory from a search prior to your reply. I removed the package and anything else related to scaleio on the server. Re-ran the plugin registration script and the rollback is still stuck on step 6 of 7.

I'm unsure where at this point it's getting the rollback info from. Would it help to strip it all out again including the SDC ESXi package? Is it hanging on to the rollback because of anything installed on the ESXi hosts for Scaleio?

I'm nearly at the brink of giving up on this product.

4 Posts

July 7th, 2015 10:00

Ok I finally got this to work after I removed once again and re-registered. The steps that worked are:

1. Unregister plugin

2. Delete C:\Users\vspherewebclientsvc\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio

3. Stop vSphere Web Client Service

4. Delete C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity\com.emc.s3g.scaleio.vSpherePlugin-1.32.402.1

5. Re-register plugin.

No Events found!