Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2016 06:00

ScaleIO 2.x for VMware Questions

Greetings,

Wondering if I can ask couple of questions regardign ScaleIO 2.x for VMware ? In essence, I went ahead and deployed ScaleIO 2.x for VMware and the environment is up. However, when trying to allocate and map volumes to ESXi nodes, I get "Please wait, loading host data  from all the vCenters" indefinitely.

scaleio_allocate_volume_and_map.png

So, I said "well, let me do it the way I used to do, using 'scli', but I can't seem to find  any link to a jar file for SCLI installation in ScaleIO web UI, but I get this in ScaleIO home page instead:scaleio_home_page.png

I tried to use ScaleIO 1.3x scli, but I think it uses port 6011 by defauflt and for ScaleIO 2.x I think it defaults to 9011. Anyone knows how to install ScaleIO 2.x or overcome this ScaleIO plugin indefinitely trying to access vCenter ??

Thanks again,

Alex

May 31st, 2016 07:00

Hi,

1. What is the VC exact version?

2. What is the ESXs exact versions?

3. How may ESXs are registered in the VC?

4. Are the ESXs registered by their hostname / IP?

5. What is the object structure (DC / ESX cluster / standalone ESXs) in the VC?

6. Is there one or more ESXs currently down (powered-off / maintenance mode) or possibly unreachable (network problems) by the VC?

7. Does this happen every time? If it does can you please repro with debug log level and send us all the logs + serverConfig.cfg from the plugin logs?

8. You can use ScaleIO GUI on Windows (Java application) to connect to the MDM to perform Provisioning (create and map/unmap volumes). Keep in mind that the GUI cannot perform VC oriented operations for you like the Plugin.

**Paths to relevant logs per VC version and OS **

VC 5.5

Windows:

Virgo logs: C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\serviceability\logs

Plugin logs and other files: C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio

Plugin location C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity

Linux:

Virgo logs: /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/

Plugin logs and other files: /opt/.vmware/scaleio

Plugin location /var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity/

VC 6.0

Windows:

Virgo logs: C:\ProgramData\VMWare\vCenterServer\logs\vsphere-client\logs

Plugin logs and other files: C:\Users\vspherewebclientsvc\AppData\Roaming\VMware\scaleio

Plugin location C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client\vc-packages\vsphere-client-serenity

Linux:

Virgo logs: /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs

Plugin logs and other files: /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/scaleio

Plugin location: /etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity

May 31st, 2016 08:00

1. What is the VC exact version? – 6.0.0, 3634793

2. What is the ESXs exact versions? – 5.5.0 2403361

3. How may ESXs are registered in the VC? - 5

4. Are the ESXs registered by their hostname / IP? - hostname

5. What is the object structure (DC / ESX cluster / standalone ESXs) in the VC? DC --> Cluster --> ESX

6. Is there one or more ESXs currently down (powered-off / maintenance mode) or possibly unreachable (network problems) by the VC? No

7. Does this happen every time? If it does can you please repro with debug log level and send us all the logs + serverConfig.cfg from the plugin logs? No, this is the first time. Will do and update it

No Events found!