Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2016 10:00

ScaleIO Node Implementation???

Hello,

I see documentation on how to implement the Capacity Compute (CC series ScaleIO Node)  but nothing for the CS series.

Has anyone implemented a CS100 and can kindly share the best way to implement this?

Thanks.

51 Posts

March 13th, 2016 10:00

If you're deploying with ScaleIO 1.32 or 2.0, it's the same as any other server you run ScaleIO on. Install the OS, configure the networks, and deploy ScaleIO.

If you're looking to deploy with AMS/1.33.1, it's quite different and I'd recommend you look over the ScaleIO Node/VxRack Node deployment guide before making any decisions.

ScaleIO Node/VxRack Node deployments are a Professional Services engagement, though, so I'm a bit unclear as to what you're asking.

Can you clarify?

3 Posts

March 13th, 2016 12:00

thanks Rush,

I understand the we can use AMS but the deployment guide says the only supported version are the Capacity Compute Series VxRack Node.

And the CC series come with OS preloaded on it. Does the CS series comes with OS preloaded on it?

there's no documentation that shows how to discover or configure the CS series VxRack Nodes.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 14th, 2016 10:00

To my knowledge no VxRack Nodes come with the OS pre-installed.  Today customers would either need to load it themselves or purchase a VxRack system from EMC. 

No Events found!