Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 28th, 2021 09:00

Add of AVAMAR fails

When I go to the Avamar Administrator console (JAVA version) and then select the option TOOLS - Manage ESRS, to add it to the newly added Secure Connect Gateway 5, it fails with the following error message:

"Registered to ESRS Gateway failed: Failed to register to ESRS. Certificate not verified."

The same Avamar machine could successfully register to the older ESRS 3.x.

Note: Avamar is the Virtual Edition version 19.4.0-116_HF332282

2.9K Posts

September 28th, 2021 13:00

Hello,

I did some a bit of digging through our KBs and past cases, and couldn't find an instruction set that seemed helpful. I did, however, find a previous case and based on what I was seeing there, it looks like you'll need to contact support. From what I'm seeing here, they needed to escalate and set up a remote session to correct it.

August 4th, 2022 14:00

Hello,

Would it be possible to get a bit more information than this as I've had an open ticket for quite a while now and the support rep isn't able to figure out what the issue is. At least give me something I can send to them so I don't have to wait any more weeks to get this issue resolved.

• 

3K Posts

August 5th, 2022 02:00

Hi @Impossible1130,

What kind of information that you are looking at, for your open ticket? Based on case by case basis, each information may defer depending on customers' configuration. Support engineering should take a look at your issue via remote session. Have you requested a remote session to look at your configurations?

• 

3.2K Posts

August 5th, 2022 06:00

Hi,

during every session, you should get a mail with the Service Request Number.

You could also check for old cases by checking your Service TAG on our Webpage.

Regards Martin

August 5th, 2022 06:00

Hello,

Would it be possible to get a reference number or something to provide to my technician to refer to the case listed here so the technician could check to see what was steps needed to be taken to resolve this case and see if any might be applicable to my situation? I've had several remote sessions over the last 3+ weeks and the last action I was told to try didn't do anything to resolve the issue.

August 9th, 2022 08:00

Hello,

I do believe you didn't read this thread accurately Martin. I have my service tag number, and I can look up previous tickets for my device, but neither of these options satisfy the request I made above. This thread is about a ticket for S.I.T. that is not related to mine in any way. They had an issue that I am also having and seemed to have resolved it. I wanted to know how they resolved it so I can give my support technician this information so they might be able to resolve my issue in a timely fashion. Is this possible or should I just assume Dell doesn't provide any way of accessing this information and therefore we have to wait for the support tech to just figure it out eventually?

• 

3K Posts

August 10th, 2022 17:00

Hi @Impossible1130,

I'm following up on your request and understood your intent, but due to the policy we need to keep every customer's private info, including case numbers. I would believe that the support engineers might already found similar cases and has tried solution steps done on other cases. Hence, you may have to wait for the support engineers to find resolution for your issue. 

No Events found!