Unsolved

Closed

Y

1 Rookie

• 

87 Posts

June 5th, 2023 20:00

Dell SCG Unable to upgrade from GUI - 5.12 to 5.16

i keep getting this error while updating using the GUI.

"We couldn't finish downloading your gateway update. Check your network connection and try again."

• 

2.1K Posts

June 6th, 2023 01:00

Hi, I once saw that rebooting the gateway fixed this issue if everything was fine like firewall settings or network connections. Because it was last rebooted a long time ago. If yours is the same scenario, this might help you as well. Please don't forget you need downtime for active connections to do that. 

to reboot your SCG gateway, 

1. Log in to the SCG gateway using SSH or console access.
  2. Enter the command “reboot” and press enter.
  3. Wait for the gateway to reboot and verify that it is back online.

• 

8.4K Posts

June 7th, 2023 07:00

Yeowkm99 and Daniel Mentz, 

I would try the following steps if it still isn't allowing the upgrade, if these steps fail then you will likely need to delete and recreate your SCG gateway. 

1. Ensure to take snapshot of SCG VE
  2. Access the console using root credentials
  3. Execute below commands
    1. docker exec -it esrsde-app bash
    2. su -l postgres -c "psql -d vapp"
    3. update mft_sessions set enddatetime=current_timestamp where enddatetime is null;
    4. update remote_session_access_audit set endtimestamp=current_timestamp where endtimestamp is null;
    5. \q  (to exit)
  4. Try to upgrade again
  5. Try to re-upgrade again and wait for 20 minutes. (If not failed)
  6. If the upgrade fails again, access the console using root credentials
  7. Follow below steps
    1. docker exec -it esrsde-app bash
    2. su -l postgres -c "psql -d vapp"
    3. delete from version_details where download_completed = 'N';
    4. \q  (to exit)
    5. exit  (to exit from the docker)
  8. Try to upgrade again, Wait for 20 minute

Let me know if this helps.

1 Message

June 7th, 2023 07:00

Hello,

The same problem occurs in my environment, even after a reboot.

Thanks.

Daniel Mentz

3 Posts

July 19th, 2023 01:00

i keep getting this error while updating using the GUI from 5.14 to 5.16

"We couldn't finish downloading your gateway update. Check your network connection and try again."

• 

2.1K Posts

July 19th, 2023 02:00

Hİ, if Chris's and my previous posts didn't work, I suggest you contact your local support team with the service tag of a device with a prosupport warranty. Because it means that they need to make a further and detailed examination. They might need to check the logs and perform some operations on a remote session. This might help if there are some errors when upgrading by GUI that are shown as connectivity failures.

1 Message

August 14th, 2023 17:46

Following Chris' instructions to the letter worked for me although after successfully downloading the update after Step 7 and installing I received an "install failed" generic error. I waited roughly 20 minutes, and the web UI failed and became inaccessible. I issued a reboot command via SSH Putty session and waited another 45 minutes. Logged in and the upgrade had succeeded, go figure.

No Events found!