Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2013 08:00

ESRS - Email Notifications

Hi,

I have ESRS installed and as far as I can tell its working fine, EMC techs have to get approval to access my site, and if I log into policy manager I can grant them access.  I also know that if I have a hardware failure it sends an email to EMC as they have called me in the past.

However I am not getting any of the emails from ESRS such as when a tech tries to access my site and is requesting approval, I get no notification.

When I look in ESRS everything seems correct, so can someone please advise me how I validate what SMTP server is being used?  How I can test this out without actually having a failed component?  And if there is any user guide that could help meas well that would be appreciated, as the ones I have found on Powerlink so far to do not tell me anything  about SMTP servers or how to get that stuff configured.

Thanks

119 Posts

January 9th, 2013 08:00

You can see what SMTP server is configured by looking at the file:

:\EMC\ESRS\PolicyManager\Tomcat5\common\classes\PolicyManager.properties. 

Find the section called Email Settings and locate the row for email.mail_server.  If that is correct, launch the Policy Manager, click the Configuration tab, click the Global link under the Name column.  Scroll down to the To Others field and make sure there is a valid email address there.  If all that is set up correctly, you would need an EMC analyst attempt to remote access to a device set for Ask for Approval policy and see if the email is sent.

8 Posts

January 10th, 2013 06:00

Thank you Jason,  The answer was helpful showed me where the SMTP server settings where.

In my case, it turns out the EMC tech who configured the ESRS did not properly set up the email relay, they forgot to allow the policy server to route email through the relay.  Changing the IIS SMTP Relay settings has solved my issue.

No Events found!