This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 11th, 2015 20:00

ESRS VE 3.06 Root Unable to Authenticate

Hi Everyone,

Have you encountered the issue whereby in ESRS 3.06, after installing and setting up the root password, you aren't able to log into the WebUI as root user?

This is even though in SSH, I am able to log in using the root userID and password that has been set.

It appears that the WebUI has locked out the userID and password.

If you have any ideas on how to resolve this, it's much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Cheers!

119 Posts

August 12th, 2015 05:00

Look at /etc/hosts and see if there is more than one line with the IP address of the ESRSVE VM.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 20th, 2015 08:00

Hi James,

Under /etc/hosts there is IP Address 127.0.0.2 as well as the customer's IP address of the ESRSVE VM.

Can I comment out 127.0.0.2?

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

119 Posts

August 21st, 2015 13:00

I don't think that line is an issue, as long as there is only one line that contains the IP address of the ESRSVE server.  Are you using any special characters in the root password?  Try using something simple for the root password, like the word password.  You can change it to something stronger later.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 21st, 2015 17:00

The password we started off with was a real simple one like emcroot.  We've actually re-deployed the ESRS VE twice and second time, we used one with special character 3mcR@@t but that didn't work as well. We're redeploying the OVF one more time and will attempt to use a simple password again.

Thanks for the suggestions James.

No Events found!