Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

• 

6.5K Posts

February 8th, 2015 18:00

ESRS and ECS( Elastic Cloud Storage)

Hi experts ..

if customer is thinking about using ECS with ViPR control.....

1. Dial Home is supported for ESRS ECS ?  if not .. how would this be get away with ?

2 . Dial Home will be managed by ViPR ? under ECS ?

3.If ECS Hardware failed , Dial Home will be created under ECS ? or ViPR would be reporting to EMC ?

( Suggestions for  ESRS2.28 version and 3.0 version would be nice ... )

thanks !

Aya

56 Posts

February 9th, 2015 07:00

Thank you for contacting the ESRS Forum Ayas in regards to Elastic Cloud Storage  Connect Home configuration

(Connect Home is terminology of how alerts remotely connect, the term Dial home is when a alert dials home through a modem to connect).

To Clarify your question , you want to know if ECS Connect Home is configured on its own to  connect through ESRS or Is the ECS connect home through ViPR which then is processed and sends out through ESRS.

this is mostly a proct ask, and I have referred the questions to the product support team for you and I will await their reoply or you can post to their product forum in regards to Connect Home configurations.

In regards to ESRS2.28 version and 3.0 version.    2.28 is scheduled to be the last Gateway Code update , The Virtual Edition (also known as VE) is the latest and is Version 3.0  , you can find out more in regards to the VE  and its Operation at https://support.emc.com/.

• 

6.5K Posts

February 9th, 2015 17:00

hi Cal ...

Thanks heaps for your reply ...

Sorry I was not clear enough ( may be my knowledge as well ... ) Let me explain ( not sure I can make it clear but try ...)

I would like to know If ECS has DialHome support or not ( Support bulletin says it supports SYR , but not mention DH )

If not ... Would ViPR create DH for ECS HW issue ? ( Can ViPR alternative solution for DH ? )

( Basically , as long as ECS and ViPR can have DH function ... my customer is happy ...)

I will wait for the news from your end !

thanks !

aya

56 Posts

February 10th, 2015 11:00

Aya; As I stated this is a product  function and not a ESRS issue, and you should verify from the product community / support team.    I know ECS and  ViPR  connect home individually, however ECS reports through ViPR .

Within ESRS I believe supported protocol are  is ftps and SMTP  which connect home Email to EMC through ESRS.

the format name would be : ViPR_ECS,NAME: xxxxxxxxxxxx. again please verify through the ECS / ViPR communities

I hope this helps

Cal

• 

6.5K Posts

February 15th, 2015 21:00

Cal ..

Sorry for the delayed feedback ,, OK ,,I will check with product community for it ..

thanks!

Aya

20 Posts

April 10th, 2017 16:00

I am having issue with adding the ESRS gateway to ECS (under settings). I have entered the IP address of the ESRS gateway port 9443 and the EMC support email account but it keeps Failing.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot that issue?

Thank you.

No Events found!