A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 18th, 2018 11:00

ESRS and TLS

Hello,

My customer would like to know the following:

1) Does have the option to go to TLS v1.2 in his current ESRS 2.8 version (from 1.0). Or does he have to wait until they upgrade to 3.0?

2)  Is the TLS is between Dell/EMC and us or internal between our servers?

Thanks!

2 Posts

November 29th, 2018 14:00

I need this too.  All servers are mandated to use a minimum of TLS v1.2 in our environment.  I need this for both ESRS-VE and Policy Manager.

Thanks!

131 Posts

December 21st, 2018 05:00

ESRS v2.x clients are now End of Service Life
There is and will be no support for TLS > 1.0 in this release.

ESRS Virtual Edition (aka ESRS v3.x) supports TLSv1.2.

Policy Manager 6.8.x supports TLSv1.2.

2 Posts

December 21st, 2018 11:00

MarcT,

Appreciate the info.  Is there documentation on how to disable TLS v1.1/v1.0 on ESRS v3.x and Policy Manager v6.8?

Thanks!

1 Message

May 7th, 2019 18:00

I really need this for ESRS-VE.

spanish dictionary

1 Message

July 30th, 2022 01:00

Quality content is provided by the Dell community. Thank you for sharing valuable content. Keep it up. 

In 1836, Samuel F.B. Morse was working on a project with two fellow citizens that would fundamentally alter how information was transported throughout the world. They would create the tools and science that would power communication up until the radio was completely created decades later. You will learn in-depth information about Morse Code Day and its history in this blog.

October 24th, 2023 12:23

Regarding ESRS (EMC Secure Remote Services) and TLS (Transport Layer Security), here are some answers to your customer's questions:

Upgrade to TLS v1.2 in ESRS 2.8:

It's generally recommended to upgrade to the latest version of ESRS to ensure the highest level of security. In the case of ESRS 2.8, it's likely that TLS v1.2 is supported, but for precise information, it's best to refer to the official documentation or consult with Dell/EMC support. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information on the capabilities of ESRS 2.8.

TLS Connection in ESRS:

TLS is typically used to secure the communication between your servers and the ESRS service provided by Dell/EMC. This means that the TLS connection is established between your servers and Dell/EMC's ESRS servers.

This ensures that any data exchanged between your servers and the ESRS servers is encrypted and secure, protecting it from interception or tampering by third parties.

It's important to note that internal communications within your own servers may also use TLS for added security, but the primary use of TLS in the context of ESRS is to secure the communication between your servers and Dell/EMC's servers.

For specific details and configurations related to your customer's setup, it's recommended to refer to the official Dell/EMC documentation or consult with their support team. They will be able to provide precise information tailored to the exact version and configuration in use.

No Events found!