Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 6th, 2014 08:00

ESRS on VNX CS0 shows 'No SP(s) are being currently monitored by ESRS'

VNX5300 with dual CS.  On CS0, I ran the ESRS2 client configurator for embedded ESRS.  (We do not have a separate host running ESRS).  The configuration wizard completed successfully, and stated that it 'may be some time before SPs appear in the --list-sp command output.'

Issuing the command ./esrs_client_configurator --show-esrs-configuration shows a normal output:

ESRS DC is connected to esrs-core.emc.com on port 443
Policy Manager is disabled  (true, we don't use it)
Proxy Server is disabled

However, the command ./esrs_client_configurator --list-sp shows an output of: No SP(s) are being currently monitored by ESRS.  This is after several days.

So, my question is whether or not ESRS is actually working? Yes, it's connected home, but is it actually watching my SPs?  It doesn't appear to be, so what would be my next troubleshooting step?  Maybe I am missing something here...

Thanks in advance

Edit: I also ran the command below:

./check_esrs_servers                             OK : Success

56 Posts

January 6th, 2014 12:00

Thank You I checked your set up and I see  1 Control Station and SP A and SP B   and it also showed your uploaded files

May I suggest two items.

1. a Secondary Control Station for Failover and redundcy, If this control station shuts down or fails you have no failover,  That control station servers as your ESRS Gateway, and you will lose remote access and call home if that Primary Fails. Look in your installation and repeat the steps:

If this is a dual control station system repeat steps 1 through 4 for the Standby Control Station (CS1).

1. [   ]1    Perform this step only if the system is running File OE lower than 7.1.56.5.

2. [   ]2. Using an SSH client login into your system Primary Control Station (CS0) as a user = root, password = nasadmin.

3. [   ]3  From the root command prompt run the following command:

# cat /celerra/esrs2/Provisioning/configuration.xml

4. [   ]4. Check the configuration.xml file output XML tag URL address, it should be https://esrs.emc.com

https://esrs.emc.com

Also I tried to Remote into The Service Processor but could not because IP Filtering was not configured.

Add RA Client to RA IP address filter tables

1. [   ]    Enter SPA or SPB IP address or hostname in a supported browser address field and append the setup page path to IP address or hostname. Example: http://<IP address>/setup  or http://<hostname>/setup.

2. [   ]    The SP setup login page opens. Enter the storage system Unisphere Manager administrator credentials, username = sysadmin, password = sysadmin.

3. [   ]    The SP setup page opens. Scroll down to Set RemotelyAnywhere Access Restrictions feature and click on the name panel to open the page.

4. [   ]    The IP Filter Configuration for RemotelyAnywhere page opens. Enter the control station IP Addresses listed below to the Filters that apply to the connected storage system input table.

Primry control station CS0:

1. 128.221.252.100 (eth0)
  2. 128.221.253.100 (eth1)

Secondary control station CS1 (if applicable):

1. 128.221.252.101 (eth0)
  2. 128.221.253.101 (eth1)

5. [   ]    Click the Apply Setting button.

6. [   ]    The RemotelyAnywhere IP Filter Configuration – Apply page opens. You should see the following text; RemotelyAnywhere IP Filter request was successful. Message.

7. [   ]    Click the Back button.

8. [   ]    You are returned to the main setup page. Click the Logout button and close the browser.  Once you have completed my suggestions , please feel free to drop me an email and  I will check it out

Thanks

O

O

1. [

56 Posts

January 6th, 2014 11:00

Hello  Ankortech; ; I am assuming  you are describing a install of   ESRS IPClient on the Control station  which we call Provisioning the Control Station.  As far as monitoring Connect Home the File queries the Service Processors  for alerts ands  is processed on the Fileside   which shows connecyed  CS Control Stations. Why dont you send me your serial Number  of Your VNX and let me check out your ESRS connections and will verify your setup

Cal   Calvin.Buckley@emc.com    If its something I can resolve  no problem, if I see any issue we may need to have you open a ticket to the product group, email me your serial number and site ID

Thank You

Cal

7 Posts

January 6th, 2014 12:00

Thank you, Cal.  Email inbound.

7 Posts

January 6th, 2014 13:00

Thank you, I configured the CS IPs in the form, per your instructions.  The configuration.xml file is correct.

No Events found!