Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2013 08:00

ESRS - unable to create agent service

Trying to install ESRS on control station VNX5300 running esrs_client_configurator --configure-esrs as root

It fails with:

Register Util Error : Unable to create agent service.

Error installing software.

This is new for me, not sure where to go with it

4 Posts

June 27th, 2013 10:00

Thanks Ben - I'll try that

69 Posts

June 27th, 2013 10:00

Hi Seth -- I've asked a few people internally and the consensus is that you should open a service request. Since this is the ESRS configuration that is embedded directly in the VNX control station, please make sure the service request is opened with the VNX product team and not the ESRS team that supports the Gateway configuration. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, thanks.

56 Posts

July 1st, 2013 07:00

Hello Sethj; in regards to Agent not running, When provisioning a Control Station the preferred method is through the GUI.

See KB emc319455  Provisioning VNX File / Unified ESRS Device client on a Control Station fails with ERROR : 2733."  This is a support / CE solution, If you are a customer contact the Unified VNX File support and mention the knowledgebase solution It may be that  the /etc/esrs2client.conf file is  missing. (check your location  (

$ ls -al /etc/esrs2client.conf) if missing

I hope this answers your question, again, if not contact the VNX Product team.

Cal

August 3rd, 2015 07:00

Capture.PNG.pngESRS VE installation  error - any solution please

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 3rd, 2015 18:00

You need to log in to the Control Station directly as root.... if you log in as nasadmin first and then su to root then you will still have this issue.

No Events found!