Trefor
1 Nickel

Re: What is the difference between ESRS IP client and ESRS GW?

Jump to solution

Hi Daniel,

ConnectEMC will install with the bundle and is required for call home. What is your product mix?

Trefor

0 Kudos
Daniel000
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply Trevor,

We have a Clariion CX4 120 setup.

Am I correct in saying that for a simple call to home setup with a Single Gateway Client Server with no Policy Manager required, all I will need is the ESRS IP Client for VNX and no ConnectEMC?

I'm just a little confused with ConnectEMC, due to the fact that it is a requirement under the

"Managed Device Communication to ESRS IP Client" of the Customer Implementation Guide section, where it states: Depending on the device type, Call-Home notifications may be sent to EMC via the ESRS IP Client.

Where the requirment is:

1. Requires separate Windows monitoring workstationrunning ConnectEMC

Or will the

ESRS IP Client for VNX and no ConnectEMC be enough ?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trefor
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Daniel,

If you only have a CX4, you only need to install "ESRS IP Client for VNX". It will install everything you need to get remote support working. ConnectEMC is included with the package and will be installed automatically i.e. you don't need to install anything separately.

If you have a look at the release notes you will find this:

Product description

The EMC® ESRS IP Client for VNX(replaces ESRS IP Client for CLARiiON and CLARalertsoftware suite monitors VNX and legacy (EMC CX, CX3, CX4, and AX4-5 series) systems with EMC Unisphere /Navisphere® Manager enabled, and provides event notification through ConnectEMC.

Trefor

0 Kudos
Daniel000
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Trefor,

Is IP Client 1.0 for Clariion better to be used with the CX4-120 or is the IP Client for VNX the same?

Sorry just read that the Client for VNX

"replaces ESRS IP Client for CLARiiON"

Thanks

0 Kudos
Trefor
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Daniel,

"ESRS IP Client for VNX" replaces "ESRS IP Client for CLARiiON" and supports both products.

I guess technically it should be called "ESRS IP Client for VNX and CLARiiON", but thats another story

Trefor

0 Kudos
AlbertoLuna123
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi Trefor

Sorry, Do you have a link for download "ESRS GW IP Client"?

I need it for a Data Domain 260

Thanks

0 Kudos
BChused
2 Iron

Jump to solution

You will need to open a service request for this. ESRS for Data Domain must be installed and configured by EMC using the Gateway configuration. There are customer-installable ESRS options for CLARiiON, VNX, and VNXe products but unfortunately not for Data Domain. You will also need to make sure the Data Domain "ASUP" feature is set up in addition to ESRS so that the system sends alerts/notifications to Customer Service.

0 Kudos