Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 23rd, 2018 06:00

ASAM Adapter v 3.2.0.12 to NFM/NSP 17.9 integration issue

Hi All,

I'm getting the below error when ASAM Adapter is trying to initiate a JMS connection with NFM17.9. We are using SSL Mode enabled.

1) EMS Instance password is given in MD5Hash

2) JMS Password is given in clear text

3) Ports, IP Addresses are verified

4) Placed the SamOSS.jar and compared the sizes, md5sum etc.

5) copied the Truststore file and also tried with keystore file as well

6) By running the tcpdump on NFM and it is clear that request is going there...

But still getting the below error.. Any help on this would be really great...

ASAM_MESSAGE-*-SEVERE-.[Connector] Exception Type:javax.naming.NameNotFoundException external/5620SamJMSServer -- service jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.exported.external.5620SamJMSServer

org.jboss.as.naming.ServiceBasedNamingStore.lookup(ServiceBasedNamingStore.java:104)

org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:197)

org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:174)

org.jboss.naming.remote.protocol.v1.Protocol$1.handleServerMessage(Protocol.java:127)

org.jboss.naming.remote.protocol.v1.RemoteNamingServerV1$MessageReciever$1.run(RemoteNamingServerV1.java:73)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Regards,

LSR Gupta

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 30th, 2018 02:00

Hello Gupta,

Can you change the SSLEnabled to TRUE in Lab environment as well and check if it works fine? In this way we can identify if SSLEnabled flag is causing the issue here.

Also, can you please let us know if you have started the ASAM service with sm_sitemod. If yes, can you share the below commands outputs from $BASEDIR/ASAM/smarts/bin directory:

./sm_service show --cmdline

./sm_server --version

Regards,

Natya.

54 Posts

May 24th, 2018 08:00

Gupta,

Thank you for contacting the Dell EMC Community Network.

After researching you issue it appears that we currently support up to NFM/NSP 17.6 per our ASAM documentation. The errors do indicate base on previous experience this is some type of version issue and wonder if its not compatible with 17.9. Do you have other devices working on NFM/NSP 17.9 or are they all on NFM/NSP 17.6 ? If they are working on NFM/NSP 17.6 and and not able to work on NFM/NSP 17.9 that would indicate that its some type of version mismatch issue.

Please let me know

Kind Regards,

Sean

5 Posts

May 25th, 2018 05:00

Hi Sean - Thanks for your response. In the Lab , we are having NFM 17.12 and we are able to integrate to it with ASAM 3.2.0.12 version. So as NFM17.9 is lower version I hope it supports it.  The only difference is we are SSLEnabled to TRUE in the current environment and in the Lab Enviornment it is SSLEnabled to FALSE.

54 Posts

May 29th, 2018 15:00

Gupta,

Please understand we haven't tested with anything above NFM 17.6 and can't trouble shoot something that isn't supported. I have seen a few instances where other customers have successfully used NFM 17.9, but I'm not sure what they have done to make it work or if they had to do anything at all.  I'm researching additional information for your issue and will provide an update later this week.

Kind Regards,

Sean

No Events found!