savuka1
6 Indium

Re: ASL script question

Hi,

The words Router and Switch for devObj->Type must be in uppercase it would seem as SMARTS ASL is case sensitive.

Kind Regards
James
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi James, exactly so,
rapid writing always leads to the inevitable errors :-)

No time for debug

Message was edited by:
Hemul
0 Kudos
savuka1
6 Indium

Hi Hemul,

Thanks again for all your help, maybe one day I will be able to repay the favour.

Kind Regards
James
0 Kudos
8 Krypton

U welcome, thanks for the Forum Point 🙂
0 Kudos
towczaruk
6 Indium

Hi. I have similar problem, maybe do you know how to extract data from another instance. I running ASL script under Smarts Open Integration Server, and I want to extract some data from Availability and Performance Manager. In perl it's very simple, but I don't know how to create (open) session to this domain.

I try to look into ics-topology-sync.asl which synchronizes topology of the InCharge server with underlying Domains, but it's to hard 😕

Thanks in advance

Tomasz

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Tomasz,

what do you want to do exactly ? If you want to sync. some attributes from IP to OI, and you already have OI subscribing to IP, you can configure the DXA to do so. We need more details to figure out what is the solution which can answer your needs.

--Fred

== Monitor your Smarts environment using APG ReportPack for Smarts health ==
Frederic Meunier
Solutions Watch4Net Inc
APG & Smarts InCharge integration
http://www.watch4net.com

0 Kudos
towczaruk
6 Indium

I have some traps, wich comes to smarts,

and i have to map variable from OID to instance name.

'.1.3.6.1.4.1.2929.2.2.2.3' --> 'rou49061da (ATM1/1/ima9.0-aal5 layer) - NDB49004A'

InstanceName:        'rou49061da (ATM1/1/ima9.0-aal5 layer) - NDB49004A'

but in this case there isn't any instance "rou49061da (ATM1/1/ima9.0-aal5 layer) - NDB49004A" on this device

this should be "IF-rou49061da/167 [ATM1/1/ima9.0-aal5 layer] [NDB49004A]" so i have to check this name in domain manager and put as InstanceName correct value:

I try test this with sm_adapter with incharge-sa  and function "object()" and "self->" to retrieving some info from underlying domain managers but with no results.

Regards

Tomasz

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Tomasz,

my opinion is that in this case you should subscribe to Network Adapter (from IP to OI) using the associated DXA (available in OI global configuration), so all Ports and Interfaces are sync to OI. Then you will be able to process NetworkAdapter info directly in the trap receiver, without any 'magic' to connect to the underlying IP. BTW, I hope you have the index of the network Adapter in the trap, it will be much simpler and safer to use this index than the 'name' of the port. Names can vary between CLI and SNMP agent. And between what's in the trap and the syntax used by Smarts.

HTH,

--Fred

Frederic Meunier
Solutions Watch4Net Inc

0 Kudos
towczaruk
6 Indium

Hi.

Those traps incoming from others device and inform about some routers, in trap adapter i have asl script with take care about those traps, I want to match those traps to this device(router). I'll handle with this if I know how to retrieve information from underlying domain. I have this in asl training materials, but there is case obout dxa-hook script. And I try before with sm_adapter and standard asl script. And about index i think about this before but still first i have to retrieve info from domain manager

Thanks for advices

Tom

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi Tom,

look at the file :

conf/ics/dxa-oi.conf (in your corresponding local directory for the SAM)

you should see what to do. (see the SAM Configuration Guide)

In this file, you can add any class you want to sync between SAM and underlying domains. NetworkAdapter in your case, and any other class needed. Using the Global console, you can do a reconfigure so the file is read and used by SAM. Then, the SAM will receive the associated instances from OI.

HTH,

--Fred

Frederic Meunier
Solutions Watch4Net Inc

0 Kudos