Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2011 18:00

How to configure Trap Adapter in version 8 SAM ?

How to configure Trap Adapter in version 8 SAM ? Do we need to start the INCHARGE-TA or TRAP-INCHARGE-OI ? What changes are to be made in trap_mgr.conf file ? I uncommented the forward trap line in C:\InCharge8\SAM\SMARTS\conf\trapd\trapd.conf and C:\InCharge8\SAM\SMARTS\conf\icoi\trapd.conf giving host name of the server it is installed and the port as 162. But I am not able to receive any traps in global console.

3 Posts

September 14th, 2011 09:00

While trying to install the trap manager ,I am getting absolute path error.Please find below the command being used and the error :

Command:

/opt/InCharge8/IP/smarts/bin/sm_service install --force --unmanaged --startmode=runonce --description="SMARTS SNMP Trap Adapter" ic-trapd-receiver /opt/InCharge8/IP/smarts/bin/sm_trapd --name=TRAP-INCHARGE-OI --server=INCHARGE-OI --config=icoi --port=162  --rules=icoi-trapd/trap_mgr_parse.asl --output

Error:

[September 14, 2011 4:06:35 PM GMT+00:00 +336ms] t@1

SMS-E-CLI_EINSTALLABSPATH-The 'install' action requires an absolute path to an executable.

Command:

/opt/InCharge8/SAM/smarts/bin/sm_service install --force --unmanaged --startmode=runonce --description="SMARTS SNMP Trap Adapter" ic-trapd-receiver /opt/InCharge8/SAM/smarts/bin/sm_trapd --name=TRAP-INCHARGE-OI --server=INCHARGE-OI --config=icoi --port=162  --rules=icoi-trapd/trap_mgr_parse.asl --output

Error:

SMS-E-CLI_EINSTALLABSPATH-The 'install' action requires an absolute path to an executable.

September 14th, 2011 09:00

Hi,

the command is not correct, you have to set the name of the service using --name=ic-trapd-receiver (see below):

sm_service install --force  --unmanaged  --startmode=runonce \

'--name=ic-trapd-receiver' \

'--description=EMC Ionix SNMP Trap Adapter' \

'/opt/InCharge8/SAM/smarts/bin/sm_trapd' \

'--name=TRAP-INCHARGE-OI' \

'--server=INCHARGE-OI' \

'--config=icoi' \

'--port=162' \

'--model=sm_actions' \

'--rules=icoi-trapd/trap_mgr_parse.asl' \

'--seed=seedfile' \

'--output'

HTH,

--Fred

== Monitor your Smarts environment using APG Solution Pack for Ionix ==

Frederic Meunier

Solutions Watch4Net Inc

APG & Smarts InCharge integration

http://www.watch4net.com

3 Posts

September 14th, 2011 10:00

Hi,

I executed as per your input.Still the same error is coming.Do I need to set any path. :

./sm_service install --force  --unmanaged  --startmode=runonce '--name=ic-trapd-receiver' '--description=EMC Ionix SNMP Trap Adapter' '/opt/InCharge8/SAM/smarts/bin/sm_trapd' '--name=TRAP-INCHARGE-OI' '--server=INCHARGE-OI' '--config=icoi' '--port=162' '--model=sm_actions' '--rules=icoi-trapd/trap_mgr_parse.asl' '--seed=seedfile' '--output'

Error :

SMS-E-CLI_EINSTALLABSPATH-The 'install' action requires an absolute path to an

executable.

No Events found!