Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2015 17:00

How to filter on "Card" class for M&R? (network devices)

I have been looking for a filter that I can apply to "Card" for network devices but couldn't find one anywhere.

Basically it isn't parttype like "Interface" and "Port"

any idea on where the filter for "card" would be applied?

170 Posts

February 10th, 2015 04:00

Hi knakawa,

It is not possible to filter on Cards as these are not imported via the Smarts Collector. Interfaces and ports are imported via the collector. The main reason that Cards are not imported is that performance metrics are collected and graphed for Interfaces and Ports, but not for Cards. Cards simply have a status in Smarts IP, no performance metrics.

You can see the cards listed in EMC M&R when you drill into the device and click on the Containment tab, but this is populated by a call to the Smarts domain via the EDAA, rather than the database.

Finally, it is possible to filter event reports for events specific to Cards by following these steps:

Drill into:

Report Library -> EMC Smarts -> Events -> Overview -> All Events

Hit the filter icon for the Part Type column and type Card. This will show you events for Cards.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

11 Posts

February 10th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for the reply Paul.

M&R can be a great tool for inventory listing as this why I needed cards. Having cards would come of a great benefit.

Hopefully EMC would reconsider this in later versions.

170 Posts

February 11th, 2015 00:00

Hi Knakawa,

As this is a feature which you would find beneficial, then I think the best option would be to create an Enhancement Request with EMC M&R Product Management.

To get this Enhancement Request created, simply create a new SR through Service Center and mention this feature and any other features you would like to see added to a future release.

You can also reference this forum thread.

The ER will be reviewed by Product Management and a decision made based on factors such the complexity of adding the feature, demand from other customers...etc.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Paul O'Rourke

11 Posts

February 11th, 2015 13:00

That is a good suggestion. Thanks again Paul.

No Events found!