Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2013 14:00

Notification Log Console: Filter Builder question

I'd like to be able to filter out (or filter in) a pair of attribues.  For example, I'd like to filter out...

Class=Interface

AND

Event=HighUtilization

I don't seem to know how to populate the Filter Builder so that these attributes are filtered when they are a pair.  The documentation doesn't seem to say how to do this.

Can anyone help?

Gary

1 Attachment

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 11th, 2013 05:00

Hi Gary,

Please use the screen shots attached to see how to either filter in or filter out (using ~) a pair of attributes:

RightClick.jpg

Filter.jpg

To filter In:

FilterIn.jpg

To filter out:

FilterOut.jpg

P.S. Please remember to mark your question answered when you get the correct solution to your question.

All the Best!

Peter Barbini Jr.

Technical Support Engineer - Smarts

5 Posts

November 11th, 2013 07:00

Peter, I have already tried this method.  When I build the filter this way, it filters out ALL of the "Interface" events and ALL of the "HighUtilization" events.  The "AND" function does not seem to be working.

November 19th, 2013 05:00

Hello Gary,

What version of the console are you using?

5 Posts

November 19th, 2013 11:00

Hi Sean,

Version: V8.1.0.0 Build 112

Build: (93864) 16-Nov-2009 12:05:11

Does that help?

Gary

November 25th, 2013 12:00

Hello Gary,

That is a pretty old version of the console.  It is no longer available for download so it may be a bug in the console not receiving the filter correctly.  I tried to reproduce the issue you are having with a current version of the console and I was not successful.  When you create the filter make sure the criteria are in the same single tab with the same settings as Peter demonstrated.

We are currently up to version 9.2 of the software and there have been changes so if your Smarts domains are running on older versions you should look into upgrading them as well as the Smarts Console software that you are using.

Let me know if upgrading the console works.

Cheers,

Sean

5 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 07:00

Hi Sean,

I'm trying to update to v8.1.2.0 (baby steps), but the installation bombs with an Exit Code = 1604.  Can you tell me what's wrong?

Thank you!

Gary

December 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hello Gary,

There really is no reason for baby steps.  You need to make sure you are installing program with proper privileges, such as administrative, also as with most software installs you may need to disable anti-virus since the program is heavily java dependent.  You also may have not correctly downloaded the file.  We provide an md5 checksum link under each download on our website so you can run an md5 check against the file and confirm if it downloaded correctly.

Cheers,

Sean

5 Posts

December 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hi Sean,

I do have admin priveleges.

I did not try disabling anti-virus.  I will try that.

I attempted to download the software from our internal "Software Center".  I'd like to see if I can make that work before going outside the company to a different web site.

Could you tell me where to find the software or supply a link?  I already tried searching for it and couldn't find it.

Thanks, Sean.

Gary

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi Horngary,

You can try downloading the latest console by going to support.emc.com and then click on support and then click on support by product. Then you can type SAM in the search bar and select Service Assurance Manager and click go, then in the next there will be a option downloads. You can click on the downloads options to get the latest console along with the check sum.

Please note that there are older versions of console version available with the check sum. You can download them as well as per the needs basis.

Best Regards

Anshul

No Events found!