Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2008 03:00

SMARTS SAM 7.2 perl API error in libFlowWrapper.so and session.pm

With the SAM version 7.2 we have a problem with the perl API. We are getting the following error message if we run perl API:

Can't load '/opt/nme/incharge7/SAM/smarts/local/lib/libFlowWrapper.so' for module InCharge::FlowWrapper: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: libperl.so: open failed: No such file or directory at /opt/openpkg/lib/perl/5.10.0/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line 203.
at /opt/nme/incharge7/SAM/smarts/local/perl/5.8.8/lib/InCharge/FlowWrapper.pm line 11
Compilation failed in require at /opt/nme/incharge7/SAM/smarts/local/perl/5.8.8/lib/InCharge/session.pm line 158.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/nme/nm_interfaces/server_tools/bin/sc_nme-main-deviceReport.pl line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/nme/nm_interfaces/server_tools/bin/sc_nme-main-deviceReport.pl line 26.

Did anybody detect the same error? As a workarround we are using the old libs.

Thanks, ada

November 11th, 2008 06:00

Hi ada,

- 1st: I'm also using SAM 7.2 with the 7.1 PERL API which I packaged. The PERL API has a number of bugs (since 7.x) which drove me mad and I prefer to wait for the "definitive" solution and not having to patch again each time there is a new SP / RP (BTW: I think even the 6.5 PERL API is better, at least I didn't have these bugs),
- 2nd: if you really want to use the 7.2 PERL API, you can if you set this variable:

SM_DISABLE_FLOW_WRAPPER=1

for example in the:

/opt/InCharge/SAM/smarts/local/conf/runcmd_env.sh

configuration file.

HTH,

--Fred

54 Posts

November 11th, 2008 23:00

That's what we saw as well that perl API of the 7.x version is not that stable. I opened now a service request on powerlink. As soon as I get news I'll update the forum entry.
No Events found!