Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2017 13:00

Smarts SAM: Smarts and M&R

We're currently running version 9.4.2 of Smarts SAM.  We've never used M&R.  Is M&R required for version 9.5?  I'm struggling to understand the purpose.  Are there any documents that describe why you might want M&R?  It seems like unnecessary overhead in our environment. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 10th, 2017 11:00

Hello,

great question. M&R, SMARTS, and NCM are now part of a suite of applications called Service Assurance Suite.

Each application has a different purpose and goal. M&R is geared towards cross-domain performance and service

level management that transforms data into actionable information. It provides an end-to-end solution for performance

management of your IT infrastructure, a key component of operations support systems (OSS). M&R analyzes the performance of the entire infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, storage, and data centers, to summarize M&R is used to manage the performance of the data center. With that said, each of the three applications can run independently and it is not required to run M&R with SMARTS 9.4.2. or the next version SMARTS 9.5.

What I would recommend is getting in touch with your account team and getting a demo of M&R, or you can get a 30 day license to try the application at your leisure.

Let me know if you would like me to send you a temporary license to try M&R.

Please send me an email : osvaldo.henriquez@dell.com

Best regards

No Events found!