Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2013 20:00

codebook query

Hello Team,

I am looking answers for below doubts/queries :

1). Is there any ways we can see the codebook ?

2) Is it correct that older the code-book better the RCA  capability..eg. If SMARTS is running from last 5 years in an environment will be more accurate RCA than a new installation after first discovery ?

Thanks ,

Gaurav

October 10th, 2013 21:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time. 

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Smarts Support Forum".

November 19th, 2013 07:00

Hello Gaurav,

There is no way for customers to view or manually modify the Smarts codebook.  The codebook is integrated feature of the Smarts software that is layered of the models used for the devices and integral to the performance and accuracy of the Smarts software.

As for an older codebook being a better then a new one, that is not an accurate statement.  Everytime a discovery is run there is a recompute executed against the codecook.  This usually only affects the newly added devices, but its update any devices that those newly added devices are connected to.  The codebook can be regenerated/updated manually.  So a new codebook should always be better then an older code book.

You can find this information in the current Smarts 9.2 documentation portfolio on pages 143-144 in the IP_92_Deployment_Guide.pdf.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you very much for your time.

Cheers,

Sean

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 25th, 2013 05:00

Hi Gaurav,

I agree with Sean. You would never be able to see the code book as it is something which SMARTS computes internally. So in Other words to answer your question you would be able to get an access to the code book.

Secondly the new new code book will have better co-relation than the older one as there are many instances where our development needs to make a change in the co-relation and it is fixed in the next release of the product. So in other to answer your question the newer the code book the better is the co-relation.

Hope with Sean and my answer your query is resolved. Please make the thread as answered if it answers your query.

Best Regards

Anshul

No Events found!