Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2013 18:00

Changing Index location

Hi

Running Sourceone 6.8 SP2

Our Index directory has been created on the same disk as the Archive directory

We would like to move the Index directory to a different disk.

Does anyone done it before or/and have a set of instructions?

I have the feeling that pausing the active tasks, stopping the services, change the indexing details in the property of the archive folder, move the index directory to the new drive, restart the services and resume the tasks, will not be enough

Thanks in advance

138 Posts

October 31st, 2013 18:00

You're index folder is a UNC path yes? Dont pause activities stop them. Then stop services.

If you can rename the folder that you are using for index you know that it is not in use. If you can't temp rename it ensure that all services are off on all workers \ servers that may be using that share. Disable services and reboot maybe.

If the UNC path is the same SO will know no different.

I believe you can change the index path in emc console.

I just changed all native archive locations and you can't do that in GUI (thanks support : MC).

I changed the location of the indexes but the share stayed the same so no problem.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

600 Posts

October 31st, 2013 19:00

Greetings,

Safest would be to engage emc support. They will evaluate the situation and should be able to provide instructions.

Regards,

Rajan Katwal

Sent from my iPhone

Please ignore typing mistakes.

29 Posts

November 3rd, 2013 16:00

The index path for the index was not a UNC path, just the local g:\fileindex directory

Changed it to f:\fileindex and then to UNC path, in both cases I could no longer search.

Put it back to how it was and it is working again as per before changes, phew!

I will engage support. Seems like there is more than just changing the path in emc console and changing the physical location

Cheers

No Events found!