BenCs
3 Argentium

Discovery Manager: search results may be incomplete. Query service is unable to start the search process.

Jump to solution

Current situation:

- Discovery Manager v7.0.1.27

- Email Management v7.0.1.27

I'm able to access the Discovery Manager on an end-user's device. This device can select the Search Folders (Mapped Folders with Read All Permission for the SourceOne primary Service Account).

It is able to perform a search (waiting, queued, running, ..) but gives no results and the following error shows up:

Search results may be incomplete. Query service is unable to start the search service.

I've checked services.msc which indicates that the EMC Discovery Manager Worker Services, EMC Query, EMC Search Services are up and running (restarting them also didn't help)

The Server has been assigned with the Export Discovery Manager and Query Discovery Manager role.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer any suggestions of where to start?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenCs
3 Argentium

Re: Discovery Manager: search results may be incomplete. Query service is unable to start the search process.

Jump to solution

Something on our system removed the name of the serviceaccount, the domainname and the server_PBA in our registry (run regedit).

By running the executables again this issue has been solved. No idea what could be the reason why this information was deleted from the registry.

Thanks for the help anyways, Brad!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
IT_Warlock
2 Iron

Re: Discovery Manager: search results may be incomplete. Query service is unable to start the search process.

Jump to solution

Hello BenCs,

One thing I noticed is the version you posted, our latest version for Email Management and Discovery Manager are:

EM 7.01.0027

DM 7.01.0027

I would recommend checking that the versions match for each component:

1) add/remove programs

2) Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EMC\SourceOne\Versions

Also, you could check these logs, if you feel adventurous:
ExAsQuery.exe.log

ExAsSrch.exe.log

ExJBQuery.exe.log

ExJBQueryDC.exe.log

Once you verify your versions, feel free to open a support ticket, so we can look into the issue further.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Brad

BenCs
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

The versions are the correct. I've made a mistake by typing the first post, this has been modified now => Both versions 7.0.1.27

What else can be the problem do you think?

0 Kudos
IT_Warlock
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Hi BenCs,

Are you getting any errors in the Windows EMC event log, on the SourceOne Native Archive server?

As a test, can you search the same mapped folders in the SourceOne web search?

Thanks,

Brad

0 Kudos
BenCs
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Something on our system removed the name of the serviceaccount, the domainname and the server_PBA in our registry (run regedit).

By running the executables again this issue has been solved. No idea what could be the reason why this information was deleted from the registry.

Thanks for the help anyways, Brad!

0 Kudos