Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

October 28th, 2010 06:00

EX Archive task ends but did not archive entire mailbox, no error.

Hello.

Exch 2003

EX 4.81.1147

We are running an archive task on one mailbox.  The data is imported into this mailbox then we archive it.  we remove the mailbox and recreate it, then we do it again.  Long story but we are importing data into our archive.

These archive tasks are running, ending not producing an error.  I noticed that the total items processed in the EX task is not always matching the Mailbox item count.  I verified the mailbox items manually as well because sometimes ESM doesn't report size and item count correctly.  If i run the archive task again, yes it does skip some items but it archives previously unarchived items.

The mailbox we are archiving is on an Exchange mailbox with no load.  No  user mailboxes, just service mailboxes that we use to do maintenance  and work like stated above.

What would cause an archive task to end prematurely with no error?  How can we stop this from happening?

39 Posts

November 3rd, 2010 08:00

Good Morning,

From the description in your post, this problem warrants a contact with support.  You can always use the traditional method of placing a call, or contact us via chat.  The chat link can be found at the powerlink.emc.com page on the upper right hand side under Live Chat.

Thank you.

MJ

No Events found!