Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 29th, 2010 13:00

Email xtender for outlook 2010

We are using email xtender client on our workstions. I have just moved to Outlook 2010. I installed email xetnded but it will run.  I get a message that says outlook is not the default mail client. Is there a fix for running email extender on Outlook 2010?

August 2nd, 2011 13:00

Yes and no. If you open the Run window and type exSearch /outlook, you will successfully launch the EmailXtender client. That's as good as it gets right now.

666 Posts

August 5th, 2011 04:00

This discussion has been moved to the Source One & Email Extender Support Forum. This ensures your question is visible to the right audience.

Thanks,

Mark

48 Posts

August 15th, 2011 14:00

Hello,

In response to the original question, unfortunately EmailXtender does not support Outlook 2010 with the search plug-in.

I have included our compatibility guide as a reference.  The only product that supports Outlook 2010 is SourceOne: Offline Access.

If you would like to still search for emails but you have Outlook 2010, there is a web-based search client installed with EmailXtender:

http://%ServerName%/EmailXtender

I hope this helps

Cheers,

Brad

1 Attachment

4 Posts

October 19th, 2011 06:00

another way is to make a desktop shortcut with the following path or the path to the exSearch.exe as installed on your system.

"C:\Program Files\OTG\EmailXtender\ExSearch\exSearch.exe" /Outlook

18 Posts

October 19th, 2011 06:00

Though you may get the search plug in to work with Outlook 2010 it is best you use EmailXrender websearch since Outlook 2010 is not supported for EmailXtender and there is no plan to have it supported. Understand that if you have an issue with the search plug in and Outlook 2010 support can only provide "best effort". Moving forward I would move to SourceOne as the search is web based and does not require a plug in to be installed.

No Events found!