Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

March 31st, 2011 15:00

Internet Explorer 9 Issues?

Has anyone else tried to access your SourceOne server using IE 9 on Windows 7?

The issue I'm having is when selecting Email > Date I'm not able to select "On" / "On or before" or On or After".  The drop down menu comes up but I can't select anything.

I've tried compatibility view but that does work either.  I've also added it as a trusted network with the same result.

Currently running Version: 6.6.0.1106

11 Posts

April 1st, 2011 06:00

We are having issues with Internet Exporer 9 and SourceOne 6.6 too.  Firefox 4.0 seems to have problems with SourceOne as well.

V/

49 Posts

April 1st, 2011 06:00

I can confirm that FireFox 4.0 is also having issues. That is where I first noticed it and then moved to IE 9 to test it there to make sure it wasn't an extension.

IE 8 works fine and so did FireFox 3.x.xx.

12 Posts

April 1st, 2011 09:00

Hello,

This is a known issue with Firefox version 3.6.3 and above, and may also be affecting the latest version of Internet Explorer.  The Firefox issue is resolved in the latest version of EMC SourceOne 6.6 (SP1).  If you continue to have problems after upgrading please contact EMC Technical Support for further investigation.

Thanks!

Andrew

11 Posts

April 6th, 2011 06:00

I upgraded to v6.6 SP1 and after upgrading the search web page still does not work properly with IE 9 and Firefox 4.

V/

49 Posts

April 6th, 2011 07:00

I too upgraded to 6.6.1.1315 and still have issues within FF4 and IE9, however they are different issues.

Within FF4 I can't choose any menu items.  When I click on them they turn Orange but don't give me a drop down box.

FireFox 4

http://help.californiadairies.com/images/FF4.JPG

Within IE9 it will allow me to choose a category (Email Message - Date,  Email Message - Priority, etc..) but when I select the drop down box to  slect  "On" or "On of after" if wil not select the item.

Internet Explorer 9

http://help.californiadairies.com/images/IE9.JPG

272 Posts

According to the most recent Compatibility Matrix released a week ago, IE 9 is not a supported browser.

Firefox 4 is also not specifically in the Compatibility Matrix but can be construed as being supported since it states 3.0 or higher but that may mean releases with the 3.x range. It's not worded very well.

49 Posts

That is correct, IE9 is not, but 3.6.x and higher is.  I'm still having FF4 issues.

My guess it has to deal with "standards", but that is just a guess.

10 Posts

April 7th, 2011 23:00

I've tested this with all actual browser and the most have troubles.

The Problems are:

IE9 => Unable to select the (on / on or after / on or before) selector

Firefox 4 => Unable to selecte the Search Criteria

Chrome => Unable to Select Search as or Restore.

Safari 5.0.3 => After select a criteria, you will see the following error "An error has occured"

Opera 11.1 => Unable to select a criteria

All tests are made with the actual release of SourceOne 6.6 SP1

Michael

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 26th, 2011 08:00

Hi,

got a workaround for FF4. You have to install the IE tab add-on for FF which you can download here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/ie-tab-2-ff-36/

for IE 9 i guess you have to use the compatibility mode

May 23rd, 2011 02:00

IE9 in compatibility mode both IE8 or IE7 doesn't work either.

IE9 has several enanchment vs IE8 and it's becaming widly adopted.

I contact EMC support about this issue and a solution it's in roadmap by Q4.

All customer are upset so I hope EMC'll change mind and give more priority to this issue for both IE9 and FF4 ( unique browser compatible for MAC OS.X user).

Unfortunately EMC dediced to dismiss the alternative Search client plug-in, present in EX, so it's unacceptable for customer that the unique Search tool available is not compatibile with last versions of widely adopted broswer IE and FF. Also Chrome is still not compatible.

Next version are always available for developer before they become GA, so Why EMC is always so late in adapting software to new OS,Browser,Outlook,email sw ?

The same issue happens for Office 2010 and expecially for OS Windows 7 which had an immediate success after Windows Vista flop.

Andrea

10 Posts

May 31st, 2011 12:00

Hi Heiko007

The workaround doesn't work if you have IE9 installed.

Also it is not possible to run the web access in the compatibility mode of IE9.

So, if i'm running an actual system i'm not able to access the SourceOne System.

This is the only system which isn't running on IE9.

Michael

49 Posts

June 24th, 2011 10:00

The only thing that I have been able to do is keep a Windows XP running IE 8 or FF 3.6 OR Windows 7 running IE8 so that I can get to SourceOne.

On my Windows 7 Ulti 64bit using Chrome 12 I am able to select different items, but when I hit submit it errors out.

I also have confirmed that FF5 is unsupported as well.

When is EMC going to get their act together and fix this?  The last time I checked via Customer Support, they are "working on it". Since SourceOne is the product that is holding us back from fulling deploying Windows 7 with IE9, we may be having to remove SourceOne from our services and find a more up to date product that keeps up with today's technology.

11 Posts

SourceOne 6.7 will be released in late July / early August and I believe this has FF4 and IE9 compatibility.

V/

10 Posts

I've testet the FF5 and it has the same problem as IE9 now.

I don't know what is EMC thinking about new technology. IE9 (which is now deployed on WSUS from MS) is now out since several month, but we don't get any update. FireFox has now two unsupported Version.

EMC SourceOne blocks me to promote the faster browser in our company. It is the only software which isn't able to work with IE9.

Michael

49 Posts

June 24th, 2011 11:00

vincenta wrote:

SourceOne 6.7 will be released in late July / early August and I believe this has FF4 and IE9 compatibility.

V/

You "believe" this to be compatible?

FF4.. what about FF5? IE 10 beta is available so perhaps EMC should be looking into that right now as well.

Since IE9 PUBLIC beta was releaed in September of 2010 (9 Months ago) I'm not to confident in EMC's ability to keep up with changing technology. Perhaps if they were to stick with ACID standards then the fault could be with the browser.  However, from my testing, the more compatible a browser gets with ACID standards the further SourceOne becomes incompatible.

No Events found!