We have SourceOne 6.6SP1 with Emailxtender 4.81 in read-only.
We have noticed that when we run the 'Update Shortcut-Historical' activity, after completion of the job, mailboxes gets bigger. Sometimes by an extra 100/200Mb, which may result in the user reaching its quota.
The option selected are "Includes message body" and "update EmailXtender 4.x shortcut" as we need to have the Emailxtender shortcut updated.
Is there something else I need to set somewhere, or is it a problem that needs to be raised to support?
When EmailXtender shortcuts messages (especially body) the text that gets used to replace message body is different than what is used by SourceOne. With SourceOne when you will be upgrading shortcuts body will have to change to accomodate what message your environment is configured to show and to also accomodate for Universal URL. I am not sure how much in KB per message would cause the change but may be you can drill it down in you test lab.
I hope this helps.
When you mention "accomodate what message your environment is configured to show", what do you mean?
Where I can check this particular setting?
The difference of size between EmailXtender and Sourceone shorcuts is quite big.For example a mailbox with EmailXtender shortcut 1Gb, becomes 1.2Gb after running the Sourceone Update shortcut-historical activity.
Furthermore, I have noticed a bug increase of our Exchange mailbox databases since the introduction of SourceOne compared with EmailXtender
We have a weekly task, that runs shortcuts for all mailboxes for messages older than 1 year.
That task was performed by Emailxtender before, but now by Sourceone.
Overall, it does really looks like Sourceone does not the job as good as Emailxtender at keeping the size of our exchange database under control.
So, if there is any settings in Sourceone that can improve the situation, I would be really gratefull