Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

February 24th, 2011 12:00

SourceOne Archiving/Shortcutting Activities - No Rule processing?

Hello,

For EmailXtender in an Exchange environment with journaling on, one would configure Rules to direct messages to particular Cabinets/Archives.  When you ran Archive or Shortcutting Tasks, messages would be processed by the Rules queue.  This allowed Rules to be applied to all incoming data.

In SourceOne, Rules exist on the Journaling Activity.  I have one rule that directs messages to a special Mapped Folder if a name is in a Distribution Group.

Now I want to create Shortcutting and Archiving Tasks but I need to apply Rules to them as well so that the messages route to the same location as the journaled data.  For example when created a Shortcut - Historical Activity, I get to a point where it states" Select the shortcut destination folder".   Instead of choosing the destination Folder I need rules.

For anyone that thinks that if journaling is turned on from the beginning of your environment you will catch ALL emails, that is not true.  For example our company has applications that will insert emails into mailboxes using a mapi connection;  since they did not route, they are not journaled.

In DataSources, I will pick a database store, and from there I need a rule to separate the shortcutting/archiving data into particular mapped folders.

138 Posts

February 24th, 2011 16:00

I can use rules in an Archive activity, but not a shortcut activity.

With EX, Because of the size of our environment I had to run a shortcut task that also archived.  I'll have to adjust my schedule to Archive everything first, and shortcut only after an item has been archived to ensure that i can get the data to the correct mapped folder.

272 Posts

February 24th, 2011 20:00

The Historic Archiving has the Business Rule to place in a specific location.

Shortcutting doesn't need a rule since it's already archived into the appropriate folder.

272 Posts

February 25th, 2011 09:00

Correct

138 Posts

February 26th, 2011 16:00

RFE submitted requesting that the ability to use rules with shortcutting be reinstated.

Once a company archives most of the data that existed before an Archive system and turns on Journaling, running an archive activity for the few items that need to be archived is a waste of time and process.

A shortcut activity that runs daily to shortcut any items over x days old, should it come across an item that is not archived can archive it and go on shortcutting.

No Events found!