woburn1
2 Bronze

SourceOne - Changing the Archive Folder Location from a SAN disk to CIFS

I have to change the Archive folder location from the SAN attached disk to a VNX CIFS share, according to the Admin guide it is possible. Can someone please tell me the procedure to do it?

SourceOne Version – 6.8.1.1073

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SourceOne - Changing the Archive Folder Location from a SAN disk to CIFS

This procedure is unique to the environment and current setup. If you are currently writing indexes to a SAN attached disk, you must be doing this behind a Windows File Server / Shared Folder. When you move the indexes, will you be retiring the server that the indexes are sitting on now?

0 Kudos
KatwalR
3 Zinc

Greetings,

If you are looking to change the location of archive folder (.EMX files) from one location to another there are some scenarios where I could be done e.g. SAN to SAN , SAN to NAS, NAS to NAS and so forth.

Where it is possible, it requires changes to SQL tables, permission checks and other things like close all volumes.

Before it is attempted, it would be safe to engage EMC support/consulting/certified partner to evaluate the existing configuration and only look to make changes.

Best regards,

Rajan

0 Kudos
ioteze
2 Bronze

I imagine this has already been answered. We now have a tool that can perform this change. Contact support to request for the ES1UNCPathUpdater utility.

Thanks,

Isi

0 Kudos