I have SourceOne version 7.24.4058 installed on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM. This instance has been installed for a few years, and indexing has always worked (for the most part). Recently, our currently active Archive Folder was reaching the maximum drive space allotted, so I created a new Archive Folder on a new drive.
After updating a new Mapped Folder, and the Organizational Policies to go along with it, the indexes on this new folder are all empty. There are 200+ volumes created, all with 100k+ items, 8 indexes, but the index size and index items are both 0. I've tried reindexing, but it doesn't appear to do anything. The start and end time are instantaneous, and the indexes show a status of "Available".
I'm currently able to do a search in SourceOne Search based on a date range, but nothing else from the emails. I've checked the event log, but there doesn't appear to be any events related to indexing.
Any direction on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
I am assuming that while creating new archive folder you would have enabled indexing which is why you started to have index set folders.
Can you please confirm is you are getting any kind of files created in index DropDir folder ? There are expected to be with XVLTS, TXVLTS, UPDS, TUPDS extensions. Their name will start with the archive folder name followed by YYYYMM and index set number. These files needs to get processed for index sets to have data.
In case you do not find any new such files being created go to where message center file share is located there you should find Unapack_Area folder. Under that folder you should find folder with your archive folder name, within that you should find .xvlts files which should not be large size if things are working and data is moving to DropDir (index share).
I believe you would have already tried restarting SourceOne servers with indexing role?
If nothing help quicker resolution would be to engage support team as they could look at the issue over webex.
Thanks for the response,
Yes, when creating the archive folder, we enabled indexing with the ISYS indexing engine.
There are files being created actively in the DropDir folder with UPDS, TUPDS, TXVLTS, and XVLTS extensions.
There are also files in the folders under the Unpack_Area, the archive folder under the Unpack_Area directory is actually fairly large, especially considering the other archive folders are empty of files. The new one is 39.3 GB with 301,550 files.
We have rebooted the SourceOne server (indexing role is on the same server) a few times, unfortunately to no avail.
I would recommend engaging SourceOne support as they will have you check ExAsIdxObj.exe.log files and ExAsIndex.exe.log files to find out what is happening.
Usually I come across this situation when a server with archive/index role is removed from environment (or became inaccessible) and there is data in unpack_area sub-folders that is meant to be processed by that server.
You may want to engage DELL EMC SourceOne support team to have look into it.