Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 7th, 2012 00:00

SourceOne Offline Access windows 8 support

Hello, is there beta or some type of version of Offline client, that works under Win8?

6 Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

You can install Offline Access client on Windows 8. The requirement is that you have Dot.Net Framework installed on the PC.

Use this command to install / turn ON dot.net framework on Windows 8:

dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:G:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Please note:- Letter "G" in above command is the drive letter in which your Windows 8 installation Disc has been inserted.

6 Posts

November 7th, 2012 11:00

Install the Client after enabling dot.net framework..........

48 Posts

November 9th, 2012 15:00

Hello HITMAN,

Unfortunately, at this time there is no Offline Access client that supports Windows 8.  We do have plans to develop and support one in the near future, but I do not have a target date for that.

Thanks,

Brad

24 Posts

November 9th, 2012 23:00

Thanks to all.

The trick with .NET framework works

Cheers

13 Posts

November 12th, 2012 13:00

Was this from a Windows 8 upgrade from 7?  I still receive the "This is not a supported operating system version or service pack"

29 Posts

November 21st, 2012 07:00

i have a fresh install of windows 8 on a new laptop

C:\Windows\system32>dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.2.9200.16384

Image Version: 6.2.9200.16384

Enabling feature(s)

[==========================100.0%==========================]

The operation completed successfully.

but then tried to install the client and got the message that the OS is not supported.

any way to force the installation ?

emcSourceOneWindows8.jpg

29 Posts

November 21st, 2012 11:00

took a little tweaking, but 20 minutes to research and complete this was no where the amount of time needed on waiting for EMC

Used the following sites:

(1) http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor.html

(2) http://clifgriffin.com/2008/10/31/installing-an-msi-in-compatibility-mode-orca-hack/

- Run the .exe installer.

- While it's open, go to your temp directory and grab the .msi file for Source One.  Copy it to C:\ (or where ever you would like)

- Install ORCA MSI Editor from the first link above.

instructions are then at link (2) above, or just follow below:

- right click the EMC .msi file and 'Edit with ORCA'

- on the left side click 'InstallExecuteSequence' and drop the row LaunchConditions and EX_Val_Configuration

- on the left side click 'InstallUISequence' and drop the row LaunchConditions and EX_Val_Configuration

- file save

- file exit

- run the "new" .msi installer.

- afterwards, i just ran the .exe and did a repair on the installation and now everything works great !!

Hello Windows 8 and EMC Source One !

February 8th, 2013 14:00

I did the same, but deleting only the row Ex_Chk_OS1 from table CustomAction

This row infact check OS and if it's considered invalid change the property value EX_INVALID_OS to True that for default it's False (see Table Property for default value).

In this way deleting the above row EX_Chk_OS1 the OS check is completely delete and EX_INVALID_OS remains False so that installation go ahead.

I checked the same in OA 64bit version, but it seems no OS check is done for 64bit.

Maybe because before Windows8 Office Outlook 64bit could only run on Windows 64bit OS all considered compatible with OA.

In any case I didn't have a proper enviroment to test Windows 8 combination with Office Outlook 64bit so I can't confirm if OA 64 bit could be succesfully installed in it's original version.

Andrea

No Events found!