Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2017 17:00

XPS 13 9360: Can Anyone (in Any Linux Distro) Successfully Tweak Touchpad Pressure Settings?

I've banged my head against the wall here -- many walls. So I want to see if anyone at all can actually change pressure-related settings for the touchpad on the 9360. Not just change what the settings read (for example, changing the synaptics FingerHigh setting from 30 to 100 -- I can do that), but having those settings actually alter the behavior of the touchpad.

A related question would be: can anyone in any linux distro confirm that this machine ("one of the best linux laptops") transmits pressure data from the touchpad? I've tried to confirm it, and see no pressure data. Another of my posts shows this.

I've tried opensuse and mint distros, and kde plasma, mate, and lxde desktop environments. No luck.

This is my last-ditch effort to see if it's possible, and if not I'm going to sell it and get something else with a more configurable touchpad.

15 Posts

June 5th, 2017 09:00

Another one: can anyone confirm that the touchpad on the Dell XPS 13 9360 generates values for ABS_MT_PRESSURE, or any similarly-oriented (stand-ins for pressure) width values? I've tried evemu-record, and evtest. With synaptics, with libinput. Nothing!

35 Posts

June 27th, 2017 11:00

I can confirm, with libinput 1.8 and linux 4.12.0-rc7, ABS_MT_PRESSURE doesn't appear in evemu-record.

No Events found!