Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2014 02:00

no direct relation between storage and virtual machines?

Hello community,

I am implementing an evaluation of ESA at my customers site.

They have 2 VNX 5100, 2 VMAX 20K and to VPLEXVS2 (those will be supported in Release 2.3, coming June 27th).

What they would like to have, is a view down from a suspect VM (maybe performance related or whatever) down through the storage into deep detail.

I've installed ESA now and we see some metrics related to the VNX boxes but we are somehow missing this direct relationship between storage and VMs. If I Pick a VM, it does not automaticly show me the related storage resources, which would be nice for troubleshooting.

What am I doing (or thinking) wrong?

And another issue:

After installing the ESA adapter-pack, all usergroups within vcops can see the EMC dashboards. We dont want this so that application owners are not getting confused with too many stuff to see.

We did some masking that users in group X can only see dashboard Y but it doesnt work.

So i had to delete the existing user and recreate it. then it was like desired. this looks like a bug, can anyone confirm?

thanks!

123 Posts

June 12th, 2014 05:00

The storage adapter will also require a vCenter adapter to see the relationships between VMware objects and storage objects.  So in whatever vCenter that VM resides, be sure it is added as an adapter.  From the User Guide:  "All storage system adapter instances require the EMC Adapter instance for vCenter, which you must add first."

I have not tested your other issue so I do not know, however it may warrant an SR with VMware as user control would be their code.

3 Posts

June 12th, 2014 06:00

Ok, thank you. That might be a good hint since we have 3 vcenter Servers and I've installed the adapter for vCenter only once.

I will go and check this.

kind regards

Ben

No Events found!