Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2012 17:00

04.09.12. Dell Inspirion 1545, is not playing Insanity workout DVD which the regular dvd player attached to tv is playing.

alright, this is not good.

Insanity workout DVDs, are using the Sonic cineplayer.

What can I do?

I want especially to run it on my laptop, don't have tv where i work out. 

500 Posts

April 9th, 2012 21:00

I could post tons of links about their responses to the issue, and others complaints about the issue, but needless to say it is an issue. It does not appear to be any issue with your drive or your computer, but with the way the DVDs are setup and copy protected.

There are also many reports of people finding that the DVDs actually install a rootkit or other malware on their systems, which is denied, of course, and up for debate.

Many people have found success in turning off autoplay. Some others have success in other little tricks, but most of them are not exactly user friendly.

It seems it may just need to stick to your DVD players, or look at other options for playing it on a computer. If you can purchase a digital copy (legally, of course) and play on the computer.  I am not aware that there is this option, but the response from beachbody is that they support the legal backing up on the DVDs onto a computer, and they may be able to directly assist you with doing so.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

Hi Aadya,

I'm not sure I understand. Is your DVD playing on Sonic Cineplayer or not? If not, please open My Computer or Explorer, then right click your DVD drive with a movie disc in the drive, and select Explore. Tell me if you see the audio and video folders.

8 Posts

Hi, Osprey4.

Sorry for being not clear. I will explain again.

1. I did what you suggested. > I had the Insanity DVD in my laptop at that time > After a few strutting sounds, nothing happened > I went in to My Computer > The DVD Drive didn't even read it, when i right-clicked it, it said insert a disk in the drive.

so, earlier this was happening:

1. When i got these DVD, called Insanity workout from Beachbody > i never got read in my computer.

2. When i ran on my friend's apple, it ran fine, so that gave me a red flag about something was not right

3. I ran another dvd on my Dell, it ran fine

4. I went in played the DVD on my friend's tv's dved player, i ran fine, and it was then i noticed that the DVD was showing 'sonic' before it got started

5. I came to Dell website, looking for what's going on with my computer, after few hours i learned that it may be the Sonic-Dell-Vista interaction that may be causing this DVD to NOT run on my computer.

6. I got all kinds of players on my computer: VLC, Roxio, WMP, Corel > no use

8 Posts

Hmm, sad and disappointing for the Beachbody business and too bad for me as all the enthusiasm I was holding for the product got fizzed out.

Good that my computer is all right. Thanks again.

So there is no EASY way to have these DVDs run on my laptop, hmm. There was no digital copy, not that I know of, not that the customer service mentioned.

I guess I am not up for stressing myself to find a complex round about way. All I wanted was to stick the DVD in my laptop, and enjoy the workout. Since it looks like another "insane workout" to have these DVDs to work, I may just as well return it for a refund. Those $25 bucks for shipping going to hurt though, hope i get my $119 back.

Thanks again.

8 Posts

Hi, PhoenixBennu.

Thanks for writing back. I am surprised how come the QA of Beachbody is still sleeping about this issue.

Sadly, I have the entire batch. And after I freaked out at the first batch, I wrote them a grievance, they sent a second batch and yet the same issue persists.

500 Posts

Sounds like a problem with the disc, but we want to get it working for you.

Do you have just one insanity DVD or others?

There are multiple reports of the Insanity DVDs not working because of the type of copy protection in use on the DVDs. This copy protection reacts differently with different brands and types of drives. There are also unconfirmed reports of bad batches of DVDs. We want to see if any of this applies to you. 

500 Posts

April 9th, 2012 22:00

I hope it helps. Keep me updated :)

Just keep in mind, if you use AnyDVD to disable autoplay or other things, then be sure to remove any dvd you have inserted, reboot the system, then run AnyDVD, set it to run like you want, then insert the DVD, and test it out.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

500 Posts

Awesome! Made me smile :)

Glad to hear that it is working. Now just be cautious not to get sweat on your computer :)

As a side note, the autoplay does prevent some of the hidden programs on the disk from running, which cause issues with software from your computer from communicating with the DVD drive. Some people use third party programs like AnyDVD to disable autoplay functions as well.

Now get to working out, and Ill sit here being lazy :)

8 Posts

I smiled too, short lived though. you are correct, not all the DVD are working. One worked. I am checking all the others. I guess I am going to check that AnyDVD you suggested.

500 Posts

Its painful to throw down that much cash and get no return on investment. I would recommend still trying it on your tv and dvd player there, but it is your preference. I am sorry to hear that this did not work out for you.

8 Posts

Okies, i will keep hope up, will keep updating as it goes.

Thanks again :)

8 Posts

Yes, this is really bad. I really wanted to keep this workout, I really wish there was a way i could run it on my Dell.

And I just went on to Beachbody support forum, not a single person from the Beachbody QA has responded, people are having problems to run it even on their players. I am sure going to blog and talk about it, and make people aware to not buy Beachbody programs. They are quick to send another batch, but what use, they re not fixing the problem anyway, which is the technical issue with the DVDs.

Thanks so much for your support.

8 Posts

Hey, I was just playing with autoplay settings. Turned it off. And the dvd started to run!!! YOU ROCK, no wonders. It was as easy as i wanted it to be. NO more returning it now :) I guess i am happiest in this moment now!!!

Thanks a million bunches of Plumeria, sending from Hawaii

500 Posts

I am glad I could help a little. If you happen to come across any workarounds then please post it back here and I will do the same :)

No Events found!