Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2013 17:00

1525 reinstalling OS

I replaced a failed hard drive with a new one and used the reinstall media DVD I believe successfully to partition the new drive (option 1 as suggested in directions) but now when I go to the next step of installing the OS using reinstall Vista OS DVD I get a message to press any key to boot from CD/DVD but pressing any key results in nothing else. I went back to the boot sector and only have the CD/DVD selected as a boot option. What am I doing wrong?

1.3K Posts

June 18th, 2013 17:00

Hi Tabbo411,

The first disk that you used, is that the Media direct Disc? It could be possible that the operating system disc might have failed. Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message. I will see what best can be done here.

To send me a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

3 Posts

June 18th, 2013 18:00

Yes. The first disk is the Media Direct disk. I believe I see the service tag on the bottom of the laptop but it may be smeared partially and I will send it once I figure out how to send a private message. My laptop is no longer under warranty so does that mean I should go elsewhere for help with this?

3 Posts

June 19th, 2013 15:00

Yes. The first disk is the Media Direct disk. I believe I see the service tag on the bottom of the laptop but it may be smeared partially and I will send it once I figure out how to send a private message. My laptop is no longer under warranty so does that mean I should go elsewhere for help with this?

1.3K Posts

June 19th, 2013 16:00

Hi Tabbo411,

I have sent you a private message. Please get back to me with the required info.

No Events found!