Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2013 08:00

15r-5520 (How do I remove Nero Trial )

Hi,

Just picked up the laptop yesterday and I see that these is a preinstalled Nero trial somthing. I do not use it I already own my own Nero 10 and 11 and would have to be forced into the nero 12 bloatware. What I did was uninstall the Nero 10 and when I did that evertime i start the laptop it says plug ins missing. Well I went ahead and installed my nero 11 and it worked fine but kept on getting the plug in error.

So I went to the safe and restored the system to the factory default. Then I went in and installed the 11 again, this time it asked for a flashplayer 11 update which I did then continued on installing and then asked for a restart. I restarted the laptop and no it has just been sitting for 20 min saying "preparing to configure windows do not turn off the computer"

Any ideas? What happend to the add./ remove program to remove this. It has always worked on my other pc's

TIA

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 8th, 2013 11:00

Hi escorial,

Sorry if this seems sort of obvious, but did you try to uninstall the trial version?

416 Posts

January 8th, 2013 16:00

YEs I have tried w/ the add/remove as mentioned above and after it was removed I got a missing plug in message. So I went back to the original factory install and tried revo unistaller and tried that same issue. I can install Nero 11 NP  I tried tDll tech support and of course they want money to remove (I just bough this yesterday) and it works but I still get the missing plug in message.

From what I have read online there are a lot of folks out there having the same issue. I have never had a problem removing Nero from my other win7 PC or my XP machines

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 8th, 2013 17:00

That's pretty annoying. What plug-in is shown as missing?

416 Posts

January 8th, 2013 17:00

IT does not sat its just a yellow message from Dell saying that a plug in is missing , that is all it says. I click on the ok and its gone and everything seems to be working. I just would like to know why Dell would bundle this when many users already have Nero to Roxio of there own

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 9th, 2013 04:00

Can you post a screen shot of the error?

416 Posts

January 9th, 2013 16:00

Here is a pix I hope. Ended up going using the Revo uninstaler directly from C: Program files (86) then uninstalled the left over nero updater again and then reinstalled Nero 11. The issue I believe was from the factory and what was causing the error (just a guess) was some type of left over file that had somthing to do with pre installed Nero 10 trial ware and its Nero Auto Launcher.

Did it fix it dont know as everything was working fine with the Nero 11 installed before I just kept on getting the missing plug ins message. I could of lived w/ it I guess, but do not know why they made it so hard to uninstall. From what I have seen on the web there are others w/ the same issue. I barley know what I'm doing and probably explained it incorectly  ;-)

On another note I have this set to email replies to my posts and never ever got a email saying that there was a reply?????

No Events found!