Highlighted
newidad
1 Copper

Blu Ray not playing on an old Ultrasharp Monitor

Jump to solution

Greetings -- I am using an old September 2005 thirty-two inch Ultrasharp monitor with a white DVI connection to a new high-end HP PC.  Tried to play a Bluray DVD (Band of Brothers....) but it does not work and am told that there is a HDCP issue (Cyberlink diagnostic using Power DVD 13) . Does this mean that my Dell monitor is not Bluray compatible and can I do anything about it? Do monitors take drivers?  If the monitor took an HDMI connection would this help?

Help would be sincerely appreciated

Thanks    Michael

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
7- Gold

RE: Blu Ray not playing on an old Ultrasharp Monitor

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

You will not be able to play blu ray on that old monitor, I'm afraid. There are gadgets that can be used to hack the system in order to play blu ray on non-HDCP hardware but they are generally more expensive than a new monitor.

0 Kudos
newidad
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you, Sir.  At least a new one will be cheaper than one bought in 2005!    Best wishes.   Michael.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
7- Gold

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

You will not be able to play blu ray on that old monitor, I'm afraid. There are gadgets that can be used to hack the system in order to play blu ray on non-HDCP hardware but they are generally more expensive than a new monitor.

0 Kudos
newidad
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you, Sir.  At least a new one will be cheaper than one bought in 2005!    Best wishes.   Michael.

0 Kudos