Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 16th, 2008 04:00

Blue Ray Disc Combo

Hi, just a quick question about the Blue Ray Disc Combo option.
I was thinking about getting a XPS M1730, but I wasn't exactly sure what the optical drive description meant.
It says Blu-ray Disc Combo (DVD+/-RW + BD-ROM) and the other one says Blu-ray / DVD / CD Burner (Blu-ray Disc Drive) for $350.00. 

What I want to know is what exactly is the Blu-ray disc combo?  It is just a DVD+/-RW and BD-ROM reader?  or can it burn DVD+/-RW discs but not BluRay?  And can it read CD's as well or only those two?

And the second one, I'm assuming means it can burn all 3.

Thanks.

1.1K Posts

April 16th, 2008 10:00

THe Combo can do everything except Burn BluRay disks. The other one can burn the blu ray.

I tried to attach pictures, links to show you but I haven't a clue what I am doing. But in essence. According to Dells help me choose stuff, the combo will burn CDs/DVDs and play CDs/DVDs/BluRay disks. The OTher will burn all 3 and also play all 3.

Blu Ray DVD -/+RW....watch bluray, burn bluray, watch DVD, burn DVD, load sofware from DVD, listen to CD's, burn CD's, load software from CD's.

Blu Ray combo...all of the above EXCEPT burn BLURAY discs. 

Message Edited by eskymi on 04-16-2008 07:51 AM

2 Posts

April 16th, 2008 21:00

Ok thanks, because the site is kind of misleading, it says Blu-Ray Combo (DVD+/-RW + BD-ROM), which made it sound like all it can do is read DVDs and Blu-Ray discs and do nothing else.
Oh and one more thing, this may be in the wrong section, but do you know if the battery comes with a charger?  like the cable?  or do i have to get that elsewhere.

1.1K Posts

April 16th, 2008 22:00

Yes, it is someone confusing, that's why I listed exactly what it says....clears it up, kind of like mud...:smileyvery-happy:

As far as the charger.  With a laptop you get an Ac Adapter (usually 90W) that is used to power the laptop when it's plugged in and also charge the battery at the same time.  It is standard equipment, so you are all set.

Message Edited by eskymi on 04-16-2008 07:33 PM
No Events found!