Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2007 14:00

Burn error with TSST TS-L632H

I recently had an issue with my DVD drive and it was replaced. I now have a TSST TS-L632H in my Inspiron 6000, running XP, pack 2 and all recent s/w updates. I was able to burn several DVDs, but then had this error. Using the pre-installed MyDVD LE, I am getting an error and the incomplete DVD is being ejected and I get an error message (see below). I have tried 3 types of DVD+R and have had the same issue with all of them. Error message from MyDVD Le: Sense: 02 ASC: 04 ASCQ: 08 (Command 00) ------------------------------------------------------- Px.dll: 3.4.46.500 pxafs.dll: 3.4.46.500 pxdrv.dll: 1.2.1.0 PxMas.dll: 3.4.46.500 PxSFS.DLL: 3.4.46.500 PxWave.dll: 3.4.46.500 PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3 I have uninstalled all other burning software in case there was a conflict, but the result is the same. I rebooted after uninstalling the software. I can not find an updated driver, though I have found a firmware update that will fix to region-free, though not sure if this does anything else. I have not installed that. I had thought of reinstalling Windows and starting over, but I need to burn or copy the contents of the drive somewhere before doing that... sort of difficult when the DVD does not work. Any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1.1K Posts

November 6th, 2007 13:00

nekojima:

Thank you for posting your message at the Dell Community Forums.

Refer to the following post on the Sonic Support Site, specifically the 2nd and 3rd post from the top:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12274&hl=Sense

It references a PX Engine update that may fix the errors. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Message Edited by DELL-Chris B on 11-06-2007 09:48 AM

2 Posts

November 13th, 2007 07:00

Thanks. I tried the suggestion, rebooted, though the result is the same. Chatting to a friend about the problem, he said it might be a DLA error, when he also had something similar happen to him. But try as I might, I can't find this setting anywhere in the software or hardware settings to turn it off or on. My friend can not remember where it is either, as telephone tech helped him do it before. I am assuming now that I need to use a different burning program, since I can not find it in the MyDVD Sonic software. Any idea on the DLA? Thanks.

10 Posts

November 13th, 2007 19:00

You're referring to the drive returning error code 2131. This drive has compatibility issues, logic errors (i.e. inability to reset region codes), etc.

Don't bother trying to resolve the issue with driver updates, firmware, or settings. The drive is junk,  DELL knows all about it, but is not addressing the problem with a universal recall as they should. Shame on them. I like DELL, but this type of behavior just burns the goodwill they worked so hard to build.

59 Posts

November 29th, 2007 12:00

Hi, all.

I believe NEC drives has been end of life. If you are having iTunes issue with TSST TS-L632H DVDRW. Dell has just released the firmware to resolve it today. This is working fine using iTunes 7.5

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R173097&formatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=235346

Fixes and Enhancements

- Fixed the iTunes issue with "The attempt to burn a disc failed. An unknown error occurred (2131) when you tried to burn playlist to disc for blank CD-R media.
- Fixed the region code error for DVD movie playback.

3 Posts

January 14th, 2009 15:00

duffyatkinson is right. This drive is just bad. I recently updated the firmware to D600, still cant read or burn CD-R. It s not a windows problem because i try to boot from a CD so windows is not even involved. It will read the CD-R 1 out of 10 tries if not less. I had to burn the CD on another machine cause it just could not burn it. I also had problems installing Flight Simulator from original CDs, took me like 10 retries before it finally reads it. At least they got a fix for iTunes, feeling the pressure from big players like Apple but i don t think they will fix the other harware related issues like inconsistent read and write errors using any software or media by just releasing upsated firmwares. These issues are so random, it confirms that the problem is hardware related.

It is junk. Look Around on the internet, all laptop manufacturers using this drive are trying to hide the facts by proposing what ever solutions like read the manual, go through basic trouble shooting. Don t even lose your time. We have to put pressure on them to recall it just like duffyatkinson said. The drive is harware failing, it s their responsability to fix it since it s a general malfunctioning hardware problem.

No Events found!