Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

June 14th, 2009 10:00

CD/DVD not working on Inspiron 530s

Hi,

My CD/DVD drive on my Inspiron 530s stopped working and is not recognized by WIndows Vista any longer. Here are the specs of my system

Optical Drive: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7200S ATA Drive

Here's the steps I've taken so far, but none seem to work:

Downloaded driver from Dell's website. When I try to run it, I get the "target Optiarc 7200s is not found correctly"

Ran Dell diagnostic from the BIOS, drive checked out fine there. (And the fact that it works from BIOS leads me to believe this is a Vista issue)

Deleted the driver from the device manager, tried to reinstall, same "target Optiarc 7200s is not found correctly" message

Any help would be greatly appreciated since this seems to be a Vista/driver/software issue and isn't covered under my hardware warrenty...

The only thing I can think of that caused this was after a recent Microsoft update the driver stoppped working?

10.9K Posts

June 14th, 2009 11:00

Look in the Device Manager .........

Start | Control Panel | System and Maintenance | Device Manager

Click on the (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM drives.  Right-click the drive and select Properties.
Is there an Error Code (number) present? 

2 Posts

June 14th, 2009 16:00

Believe I found a solution. The "related articles" section in the FAQ of this fourm directed me to a Microsoft help and support site where I downloaded the microsoft "fix it" file. Once I ran it, the optical drive was up and running again.

For anyone else experiencing this problem, here's the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us

As far as an Error Code in the Device Manager, I don't remember any number when I looked at the Optical Drive Properties, but I could have overlooked it.

10.9K Posts

June 14th, 2009 20:00

You found the right solution (Filter removal).  Best regards.

1 Message

January 12th, 2013 14:00

no it say its working properly but not reading and dvds or cds

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 12th, 2013 15:00

Hi Smokeyblu,

You've responded to a very old thread but you haven't explained what problem you're having. Please let me know the model of your Dell, your operating system and a description of the problem.

No Events found!