Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

October 6th, 2010 21:00

CD Drive Somehoe Became Uninstalled? How Do I Re-install?

It was working fine the other day - I ripped a software CD for Pinnacle's Dazzle... then realized it didn't work with Vista. So, I uninstalled the Pinnacle software, bought a new Dazzle, and when I put the new software CD in, I noticed the CD wouldn't read. i tried other CDs and same thing. I checked the drive and I get the error message that there is no drive - it's either corrupted or uninstalled. I find it hard to believe it magically became corrupted. But how do I check? How do I re-install?

I am also currentlt across country for a few weeks and all my Dell software CDs are 3,000 miles away. Help!

10.9K Posts

October 7th, 2010 12:00

Tell us what operating system you have installed.  In the Device Manager, right-click
DVD/CD-ROM drives and select Properties.  Is there an error code (number) present?

5 Posts

October 7th, 2010 16:00

Hi. I am on an Inspiron 1525 with Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 Home Basic Edition

I am attaching a pic of my error message. i did scan for solutions and updates, and nothing was available for either. Any thoughts would be SO very much appreciated. Thanks.

10.9K Posts

October 7th, 2010 17:00

It may be a Filters problem. Try this Microsoft Article ........

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116

If the Microsoft "Fix it" does not work, scroll down to the Vista part
and follow the step-by-step instructions.

5 Posts

October 8th, 2010 09:00

It worked! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

May your kindness come back to you twofold ;)

10.9K Posts

October 8th, 2010 09:00

You're welcome.  Best regards to you.

No Events found!