Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2013 06:00

CD stuck on M18x Alienware

Hello,

I have a music CD stuck in the slot. Windows and iTunes won't recognize it, and the eject button on my laptop's keyboard is not working. How do I get it out?

3 Posts

January 13th, 2013 12:00

Have you given this a try?

January 15th, 2013 14:00

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually tried something I found on another site - push the Eject button on the keyboard while the computer rebooted/restarted, and it worked. Now I'm dealing with a Code 19 error for my driver.

2.6K Posts

January 16th, 2013 20:00

Hello Murquia_2000,

There are few steps I would suggest which might help us in fixing the issue. Try the following steps: 

Note: Please perform a full system backup first.

1.    Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

2.    Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
There can be many instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in step 2. You must make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the UpperFilters and the LowerFilters values. To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the Default data value is DVD/CD-ROM and the Class data value is CDROM.

3.    In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
4.    Click Yes, to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
5.    In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
6.    Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
7.    Exit Registry Editor, restart the computer and check if it works then.

You may also refer the Microsoft Article for more details. 

Hope this helps!

2.6K Posts

January 20th, 2013 00:00

Hi Murquia_2000,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

1 Message

July 16th, 2020 15:00

Hello DELL-Allan D

I'm having same issues of stuck CD in my M17X Alienware. I've tried step by step every instruction you recomended. Nothing. CD still stuck inside slot.

Eject button doesn't seem to work and the computer doesn't even recognize the CD that's inside..

No Events found!