Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 5th, 2004 05:00

CDRW Data Lost

I've formatted (full not quick) a CD-RW. I add files to it, they write and I can access them later. But when I close down, come back, they're gone. Also, I get a message sometimes that the disk isn't formatted, but I went through the formatting process. I'm afraid to put anything on a CD now for fear I'll lose data. Any advice?

Thanks.

14.4K Posts

December 5th, 2004 06:00

Unfortunately this is a well-known problem with storing files on a formatted cdrw disk. If you value the data then either burn it on to CDR or some other data storage medium.

54 Posts

December 5th, 2004 06:00

Yes, I was just using the disc for "working files"; not valuable stuff but still it's a little odd that the files just disappear. Also, it's as if the computer doesn't "remember" that it was formatted. The disc label gets lost also.

2.2K Posts

December 5th, 2004 18:00

When I put a CD-RW disk in that has been formatted with Roxio's DirectCD, my PC doesn't recognize it and won't even allow me to eject the CD unless I launch the DirectCD software before inserting the CD, or put the software on the CD when it is created. The default Windows setup doesn't recognize the format.

GM
No Events found!