Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2008 22:00

Can't get DVD burner to burn

Using HL-DT-ST DVD +-RW GWA416B on a dimension 5150.   Can't get any software (Nero, Sonic) to

recoginize that there is media in the drive to burn onto.   Blank dvd's are all ejected when I try to burn to them.  Any suggestions for a fix?

Howard

November 23rd, 2008 09:00

Have had a similiar problem. Haven't found an answer yet. Also I keep getting the Sonic Update Manager popup so I think its related. Any have solutions?

November 23rd, 2008 09:00

Same problem with two Optiplex 755s. I did an online chat with a prosupport tech after Roxio's support site recommended firmware update and none was listed for these two service tags (less than one year old, both using OEM version of Roxio). I was able to burn files to a DVD, but not copy a non-copyright-protected DVD (kept rejecting inserted DVD and requesting another one - tried around 20 different ones). I uninstalled and reinstalled the DVDRW drive on one of the machines. He recommended uninstalling and reinstalling Roxio which we did the other. No luck. Finally upgraded Roxio and was able to copy the DVD. This is unacceptable as it's no use having a DVD RW drive that doesn't come with software to accomplish the task of copying DVDs. He didn't respond to my email requesting an OEM version that would do this.

November 23rd, 2008 11:00

Tried uninstalling but as soon as I click on properties for my drive I get the Sonic Update Manager and then nothing happens.

November 26th, 2008 09:00

Checking again to see if anyone has any ideas?

1 Message

January 19th, 2009 11:00

Try

1. Click Start, click Run, type Services.msc, and then click OK.
  2. Locate the Removable Storage service (IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service) in the Services console.
  3. Double-click Removable Storage service. In the Startup type box, click Manual.
  4. Click Apply, and then click OK.

Also look in the left column to see if there is a hyperlink showing Stop the service Restart the service.  Sometimes this just hit start or restart the service. 

If that doesn't work.  Try:

1. Right click on My Computer and select the Manage option.

2. Expand Storage, then expand Removable Storage

At that point, I have been getting an error that I haven't been able to resolve.  You may also have it:

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Removable Storage

The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.  This snapin’s display may be inconsistent with the Removable Storage Service.  If the persists please restart the snapin.

No Events found!