Meggie13
2 Iron

Re: Clicking sound on hd ST9500420ASG ATA

I don't know how they do it but mine also had specs. It took almost a month for them to "build" it. I called a few times and was given the reason it was taking so long was it was a very popular computer. It sounded like a canned response when they said it. I was within the 21 days of return for the one that I got that I never unpacked so could return with no penalties but I wanted a Dell since I have been getting them since the 80's and have always been pleased and recommended them. So I accepted the offer of a NEW computer in return for my sending that one back. NO MORE Dells for me now, too much aggrevation and time spent. By it taking so long to get the second "new" one and it coming in the way it did with 2 other personal folders and macros in it I pressured the tech when I called and he finally told me it was a refurb. I had to call in a few times as the computer just was not right. I finally after many calls and aggrevation got customer service who transferred me to someone else who transferred me to someone else and then someone else and so on. Finally they said send it back and they would send me a "new" one. well the new one I got for returning that one was not a new one. I spent 8 hours straight going from one cue to another and getting 2 responses from 2 different techs the computer was a refurb. Some of the techs said it was new but 2 said it was refurb. It seems the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing there.

I have finally gotten a computer that I think is new and I called and had a tech look it up and he said it was new. It seems they can tell by the number in the computer if someone else had previously owned it or at least that is what I was told. I am happy with this one other then the ticking sound.

I still feel that Dell needs to recall these St drives and replace them with new ones at no cost to the owner (I also have a 3 year warranty). They know the problem and tried to make a fix for it since one tech told me that the A10 bios I had was for this purpose but it appears that it has not worked on all the computers. I hope you do take this to the media and see where Dell will go from here with you. I don't want a refurb hd is the reason I have not pushed it as yet and am also waiting for Windows 7 to come out. For all the problems, time and distress and having to stay at home waiting on Fedex delivery and pickups I feel I deserve something in return.

0 Kudos
Meggie13
2 Iron

Re: Clicking sound on hd ST9500420ASG ATA

I checked the lap top and the drive is ST9500420ASG ATA. Will your new computer have the same hard drive or are they putting a new one in it of a different brand like WD.

0 Kudos