Highlighted
ENAHS10
Copper

Computer continues to freeze even in safe mode.

Okay, im running windows vista home premium on Dimension E520 and the computer starts up in normal mode, but the screen stays black only showing a few of my programs...and in safe mode, it completely starts up, but once i try to open or close ANYTHING it freezes...the only part that does not freeze is the mouse. I tried starting it from last known good configuration, but it did not help and i ran diagnostics on the hard drive, it did not help either. If you have any ideas as to the problem, please tell.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Computer continues to freeze even in safe mode.

Hi Enahs10,

I would suggest running diagnostics on the memory or use process of elimination by removing a stick and testing with minimal memory.

If you failure is consistent then you should start eliminating unneeded hardware for booting the system.

0 Kudos
4hal
Silver

Re: Computer continues to freeze even in safe mode.

I would suggest that you also check "Windows Vista forums."  If you select the 8th address down "PC" Advisor you'll pull up a list of FAQ's.  Note the one authored by 4hal "Locked in Safe Mode."  It worked for me, but may not for you.  But take a look and good luck. 
0 Kudos