Highlighted
mdwelsh
1 Nickel

Corrupt CD/RW's

Hello and good evening!

I am having a heck of a time with 24X CD/RW's in that after backing up files after a tune-up, Windows One Care Live for example, after approximately 3-4 times I am prompted, "Unable to back up files.  CD may be corrupted, replace with new disk then press OK."

I have a Latitude D505 and it has a PC Card Slot and I am curious what it is for?   Conceivably, can I back up my files with this device after the tune-up or is the PC Card only for hard-drive backup or something else?

I should wait for a response to this question but I will prematurely ask some other questions.

1)  Would it be easier and more efficient to use DVD/RW's to back up files as then if I decided to burn DVD's I would not have to purchase both CD's and DVD's?  Secondly, are DVD's less prone to corruption?  The DVD is 8X.

2)  I have heard of a CD/DVD "cleaning" CD for the combo drive.  Would you recommend using this and if so what brand?

3)  I do have a 128MB Flash Drive but I do not know how to transfer files to this "E-Drive."

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Mark    

Message Edited by mdwelsh on 08-20-200609:02 PM

0 Kudos